Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Daksh (Student)     03 February 2010

Should we allow any one to degrade this Noble Profession.

Dear All,

I have come across one untolerable statement from Mr.Vikas at this forum i.e.

"Advocates only makes money by advicing wrong and its their profession."

May I request your view on this.

Best Regards

Daksh

Learning

8 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     03 February 2010

I am of the view that the statements is improper. Yes, there are lapses and mistakes as human beings are just a bundles of mistakes and its impossile to be a perfect in this professions. However, the works of an Advocate is like carrying the weight of the Wold and very painful and he demands what he deserves for his works. Legal profession is not money minting profession and he defends the case not oly for money but for Justice.

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     03 February 2010

There is no community (professional or any other) of  which all members are ideal and perfect in all respect.

We should ignore non serious comments as some persons criticising others , may also be immmatured and illinformed.

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     03 February 2010

Reviewers are usually people who would have been

poets, historians, biographers, if they could : they have

tried their talents at one or the other, and have failed;

therefore they turn critics.

- S.T. Coleridge (Lectures : Shakespeare and Milton)

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     04 February 2010

Some people feel proud in paying bribe to get their work done, but they can not support good professionals. In an incidence one litigant approached the very honest and dedicated lawyer, after examining his documents, the lawyer suggested him to not go for any suit and better compromise. But litigant didn't like this and replied, if u can't manage, then why u are a lawyer. He was adamant and approached another lawyer, filed the suit and lost. There are people who do not understand straight language. It is mindset of many people. We do not give recognition and support to honest and straight forward persons. Later they blame lawyer's. "Quality does not comes free." It is we who must support learned professionals.

Ashish M (Chartered Accountant)     04 February 2010

the statement in question is ridiculous and reeks of much bias and single-mindedness.!!!!!!!!!

Daksh (Student)     04 February 2010

Dear All,

First of all I sincerely thank you from bottom of my heart for your comments, observations and bold harsh objective truth. 

At this point with a view to search for the cause and to know what ought to be done to fix responsibility, I would like to extend to this discussion to the following : -

1      Is it because Bar Council/s and Bar Associations have failed in Regulating the Professional malice responsible for its ills.

2.    What Advocates are doing today is getting reflected about the prevailing norm of the society.

3.    The way forward and the Role of the Seniors to show us the path forward in this regard.

Your valuable inputs are solicited on this very important subject as making general vague motivated statement is one thing and sincerely trying to weed out the wrongs from the Noble profession is another.  As either we are part of the problem or solution.

Thanks and best regards

Daksh

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     04 February 2010

Dear Daksh, With the freedom of speech, which professional is spared of criticism these days? We hear people criticising doctors, actors, players, lawyers, teachers .... I want to say let us do our duty with good conscience and let us not bother about what world say ...  Kuch to log kahenge...   what do you say, seniors?  :)

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     04 February 2010

In this profession there are only two kinds of professionals. One is the swimmer the other the divers of the ocean of law. The swimmers have never seen the wondorous of the Ocean and will speak of great things and even laugh at and criticize, but the divers of the Ocean after seeing the depth of the Ocean will naturally humble itself that never criticize the profession or the fellows advocates. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register