LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GIRISH CHITWADGI (SECRETARY Lawindia BIJAPUR )     27 September 2017

Conversions of ancestral property as self aquired

Sir I have developed a piece of waste ancestral property into Commercial property on own after my grandfather's demise . now my father is also deceased.
How can I convert the ancestral property as self aquired ?
kindly note there are no dispute or objectors .

Learning

14 Replies

manoj   27 September 2017

on payment of cost your query will be solved. call me at my voice cell no 8686159292

manoj vommina

advocate

Shashikant V. Patil (Lawyer)     27 September 2017

Dear Girish, you have succeeded the ancestral property that have come from your Grandfather, father as per Hindu Sucsseion Act 1956.  It will be defined and remained as Ancestral Property irrespective of the status of land changed by you from waste land to commercial land. 

1 Like

Sir can I sell the same to someone else and purchase it back to Acclaim it as self aquired . ? Please help !

GANDHI MOHAN BHARATI (Pensioner)     27 September 2017

Do you have a HUF Income Tax Account ?

Thn I can answer

1 Like

Master Warrior (AOR)     27 September 2017

Don't like the "on payment of cost" comment. If you want everybody posting here to contact you, why not pay to advertise??

Girish, it's a tricky question and that kind of transfer may result in questions on whether the transaction was simply to change the status of the property. Is there a specific reason that you want the "ancasteral status" changed?

Even if that did work, you'd have to pay transfer tax twice.

If you don't want to post the reason send me a message. Don't worry, no charge.

3 Like

Thank you for your esteemed advice reples sir We have no HUF account. The reason for doing this is I have put all my life's earnings to develop the same and I don't want any of my family members to claim it as ancestral. So can I sell it or gift it to someone and purchase it back as send owned Kindly help !

Thank you for your esteemed advice reples sir We have no HUF account. The reason for doing this is I have put all my life's earnings to develop the same and I don't want any of my family members to claim it as ancestral. So can I sell it or gift it to someone and purchase it back as send owned Kindly help !

Gandhi Mohan Bharthi and Master warrior Sir/ mam My email id :. chitwadgigirish@gmail.com Cell : +917996082509

Sir / madam Kindly lend a helping hand Seven nine nine six zero eight two five zero nine .

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 September 2017

How is that you consider the property ancestral. Please post the complete facts.

1 Like

Sir, The said land was puchased by my grandfather, later on his demise there was an unregistered partition between my late father and my uncle. ( Father's brother) . Under which the said waste unproductive and totally rejected land came to my father's part . It was then mutated and municipal records created as such . Then During my business years I decided to use this as dumpyard and slowly began cleaning and constructing. Parts of it ....hence now it is a bit noticable . After the demise of my father it is further succeeded among me and my brother wherein he is ready to relinquish the same but the problem is I am trying to develop the land totally putting all my life's earnings into it .and I don't want anyone from my family tree and their dependents to raise any kind of claim over it in any manner. What should I do Sir. I don't trust even my own children in this matter ! Kindly advice P venu Sir again thanking you for showing interest in my case !

The property is ancestral. In the absence of any registered partition or settlement deed, the property is jointly vested with all the lrgal heirs of your grandfather. 

Mutation carried out in the Municipal or Revenue records do not amount title to property.

Sorry! In the above posting "The property is ancestral" may kindly be read as "The property is NOT ancestral". The error is regretted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register