Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kartik   17 September 2017

Options for husband who's wife left for petty reasons

Hi

my wife left my home telling my parents that things were not fine between us 3 months ago.

later she said she doesn't want to live with my parents so I should move out

on reasoning with her third excuse is how will her parents stay with her if she stays with my parents.

she said she will come back but will not take responsibilities, or else I move out of my family home

she has taken most of her stuff and jewellery with her. She has not disclosed her location in any of the discussion we had after she moved out.

I feel lot of instability in my life because of this episode. What are my options

Thanks

Kartik

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     17 September 2017

The demands of your wife is unjustified and also unreasonable and illegal. You are legally and morally bound to discharge your liability toward your parents. Firstly report the matter to police that all jewellery have been taken by your wife so that tomorrow if your wife make allegation then you will have safe guard. You may file divorce on ground of cruelty etc. Go strategically. Consult a lawyer with all details. Siddharth 9811776422

Gloria   17 September 2017

Hi I got married on Special Marriage Act Nd never stayed together it's been two years and now we filed a mutual divorce, is it possible dat I can get married after 60 days filing the first marriage divorce or I can take any special permission before Da second marriage.. If you can help me out.. Thanks in advance.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     19 September 2017

The options available to you depend on how you view the future of your marriage. If you want to save your marriage, you can either do as your wife wishes, which is not advisable, or you can speak to elders of the families or relatives or friends who can convince your wife.  If that fails, you can file RCR.

If on the other hand, you want to put an end to your marriage, you can file for Divorce on the ground of cruelty as forcing the husband to live separately from his parents' is indeed cruelty, as recently held by SC.   

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     19 September 2017

RCR is a big gamble. It may happen that you get a counter blast from her and that will make you feel like never staying with her. First step is involve elder and reasonable family members from either side. Do not let it linger on. Be sincere in your approach.
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register