LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anant (Propreitor)     10 September 2017

Jurisdiction to file complaint

My previous employer filed a complaint against me making false allegations which he later withdrew.

My previous employer was a Company whereas the complaint was filed by the Managing Director on his personal letter head and the complaint was lodged with the police station falling under his residence. Please note that police station falling under the office of the company is different. I want to know as to whether the Police should have entertained the complaint as the office of the Company did not fall under its jurisdiction.

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     10 September 2017

Complaint by company should have been filed �n police station whose juisdiction office of company situates.

Anant (Propreitor)     10 September 2017

Can I file a complaint against the Inspector for entertaining the complaint, calling me and harassing me.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 September 2017

Yes you can file  a complint against the police inspector who without jurisdiction is calling and harssing you. THe office location where the police station is situted has the jurisdiction to entretain the complaint against you. Youvcan file  a writ in the Highcourt joining the police station near the residence of your office  as the opposite party also joining your MD as the opposite party for quashing the FIR erroneously filed against you in wrong police station without jurisdiction.

1 Like

Anant (Propreitor)     11 September 2017

FIR has not been filed. It is only a complaint. I was called by the Inspector. The Managing Director was also present. I denied the allegations in writing and the Managing Director subsequently withdrew his complaint. The only reason for calling me was to harass me. However record of complaint is present in the Police Station.

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 September 2017

All is well that ends well.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register