LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SREENATH K.S   07 September 2017

Mode of payment of fees for rti appeal

I am a native of Kerala State. I intend to file an appeal against order of Public Information Officer, National Judicial Academy at Bhopal. I understood that as per Madhya Pradesh Right to Information(fees and appeal) Rules 2005, fees can be payable either in cash or in the form of non-judicial stamp. I want to know what is non-judicial stamp. Is it the stamp paper we use for executing a sale deed? Is there a thing called non-judicial stamp other than stamp paper we use to execute documents like sale deed? If it is  stamp paper of denomenation of Rs. 50, then is it sufficient to attach a stamp paper of denomenation of Rs. 50 alongwith the appeal?

Learning

6 Replies

pankaj verma   07 September 2017

yes...u r right...u can deposite it through IPO...

SREENATH K.S   07 September 2017

I was asking what is meant by non-judicial stamp?

pankaj verma   07 September 2017

yes..its that.....sale deed....
1 Like

Vishnu Sharma Adv 9716555911 (Advocate)     07 September 2017

the fee can be paid through indian postal order

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 September 2017

For RTI application to central government organisations the fees can be paid through IPO. In many States when making RTI application to State Government Bodies the application is payable in the form of non-judicial stamps. Non-judicial stamps are adhesive stamps to be affixed to the application or appeal as the case may be. Such non-judicial stamps will be available within the respective State only. As you are applying from outside the State I do not know how you can get the non-judicial stamp of the State. You can say that you are applying from outside the State and try other means such as IPO. I would believe that National Judicial Academy is a Central Government body. Hence Madhya Pradesh Rules may not apply to them. In Maharashtra while making RTI application to State Government Departments non-judicial stamps have to be used. But if the application is to a Central Government Department in Maharashtra like say, the Postal Department or Atomic Energy IPO's are to be used.

1 Like

SREENATH K.S   10 September 2017

thanx for the reply

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register