Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

seema sharma (other)     22 August 2017

Automatic activation of bank account

sir,

I have a saving bank account which became dormant from last 3 years.

Now my Fd matured and transferred to that account as the Fd was with the same bank.

what are the Rules for that ,Is my account became active due to transfer of Fd amount?

please guide me.

Learning

5 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 August 2017

One can activate an inactive bank account by doing basic banking activities such as cash withdrawal or deposit, funds transfer or bill payment. Some banks give you the option to request for activation of your account through Internet banking. You can even call the customer care or contact the bank branch. In case of a dormant account, you may have to submit a written request along with identity proof. Your signature may also be verified to activate the account.

Even after your account turns inactive or dormant, interest, if any, will be credited to your savings account regularly. And last year, the RBI had asked banks not to levy penal charges for non-maintenance of minimum balances in any inoperative account.

From a tax point of you, remember that this year, while filing your income tax return, you have to give details of all your savings and current accounts including dormant and inactive ones. According to income tax laws, details of all bank accounts, excluding those that have been non-operational for over three years, held in India at any time during the previous year should be provided in the return.

1 Like

(Guest)

Your query does not fit within the framework of a legal problem. It is merely a procedural issue to be tackled by the bank.

However, No activation of account without application to make operative. Not automatic. If not applied fior making the account operative before the maturity of FD, the FD would get renewed automatically for further period of same duration.

1 Like

(Guest)

Rightly advised by Mr. Jigrasu.

seema sharma (other)     25 August 2017

thnx sir for sparing your valuable time

(Guest)

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register