Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

arvindkcs   16 July 2017

Land acquisition for national highway (money stuck for co owner)

Govt took our land for the national highway Puri Odisha (2013). The property was owned equally by my two brothers and three sisters(Including me). But from last 3 three years, we couldn't get our money because of our brothers. They are not ready to present for the compensation due to loss of our land. As they want us(3 sisters) to give all the compensation amount to them. Is there any way I can take my share amount from the Land Acquisition office without an involvement of my brothers.

Learning

14 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 July 2017

Represent to officer in person.

arvindkcs   16 July 2017

Is it possible by the land officer? 

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     16 July 2017

The property was owned equally by my two brothers and three sisters(Including me).  Is there any way I can take my share amount from the Land Acquisition office without an involvement of my brothers.

- You are one ofthe Joint Owners, unless the other share holders Relinqush and Release their the right over the property to you, you cannot get without involvement of others.

- if you press the Land Acquisition officer with out the realse deed, then he may send the compensaion to the reference court - to decide who is the "Right Full owner".

1 Like

arvindkcs   16 July 2017

Thank you for your time and response. What is a release deed? Can it help me to get my share compensation?

If the mutation record has been submitted shwoing ownershio in the name of all 5 persons try to meet and ask officer the way out acceptable to establishment.

1 Like

arvindkcs   16 July 2017

Thank you. Yes, it has 5 names, although I will try to talk to the officers.

You are welcome.

You are welcome.

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     17 July 2017

Just now, i have enquired with L.A.officer of N.H.ways in my region, he clarified the same.i.e .. all the share holder smust present and sign before him, then only the compensation will be paid if not, may will be referred to Refernce court for deciding "Right full owner" if one person claims.

"They are not ready to present for the compensation due to loss of our land." - In that case also the compensation will be deposited to refernce court.

The alternative way is, you push the referring officer to send the compensation to referring court and in reference court, prove your share over the property, record Full satisfication and with draw and reliaze the same. In between gaps the refernce court will deposit the same under revenue deposit and at ened you will get compensation along with some 6% to 9 % Interest.

You had already stated it as a 3 years, thing the L.A.O officer might have alreadysent the refernce court if the Award was passed by the L.A.O officer.

1 Like

arvindkcs   17 July 2017

Thank you so much for your information. Appears really helpful. Hope we get our share. One last question 6 to 9% interest means, we would get the interest amount or we have to pay the interest? 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 July 2017

You should get the interest.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 July 2017

You are welcome.

Azhagananth (Lawyer)     17 July 2017

you will get interest on the share of yours along with your share.

1 Like

arvindkcs   17 July 2017

Thank you :) 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register