LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Property documents held by son

Few years ago i have filed a msising report for the lost property documents (property is in my fathers name). Recenlty one of my  relateive relvead to me that those were  forcelly taken by my elder brother. and that relative do not want to be named  and wont indulge in any police case what so ever.

1.Can i file a complaint agains my brother?

2.Is this a criminal offence. my father over 95 year and is not in a sound state of mind to file a complaint or state the incendent.

Thanks

Raj

Learning

5 Replies

Arjun Kohli   05 July 2017

Yes, I believe you can file a complaint with the police. They will conduct a certain preliminary inquiry into the matter and decide whether an FIR in the said matter is necessary or not.

It would probably fall under the offense of Theft u/s 378, IPC whereby your brother dishonestly removed the documents from the possession of your father without his consent. He could probably defend his possession of the documents on the same ground that your father is of quite a senior age and gave his documents to your brother himself and what not. Therefore, only go ahead with the complaint if you can appropriately prove the issue to the police and then to the court. Try resolving this internally if possible.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 July 2017

Alongwith missing report the newspaper publication might have also been released.

Thereafter certified copies might have been obtained.

Your father may think upon settlement deed with life interest.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 July 2017

Alongwith missing report the newspaper publication might have also been released.

Thereafter certified copies might have been obtained.

Your father may think upon settlement deed with life interest.

1 Like

(Guest)

@Arjun Kohli @Kumar doab Thank for the respons.

Regards

Raj

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 July 2017

You are welcome.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register