LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABHIMANYU SETHY (ACCOUNTANT)     24 June 2017

Consumer case

I have purchased honda C. B SHINE, I have given D. D OF RS. 67,520,(Bike Rs. 62,723 and for registration fee including hypothecation fees Rs 4797), but they gave me receipt of fees and tax Rs 4004. When I ask them the difference amount of Rs 793, they told it's trade certificate /trade fee. But it should be paid by dealer they are doing trade. My query is can I file a consumer case against honda dealer or honda company. Kindly post your suggestions /comments.

Can file a consumer case.

Learning

7 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     24 June 2017

yes,you should file complaint against dealer and Honda company.Buyer hasn't to pay any trade fee.such act of dealer amounts not only unfair trade practice but also deficiency in their services.
1 Like

Khalid Khan   24 June 2017

but however, for Rs 793 you will have to file consumer case and wait patiently for at least 1 year

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 June 2017

Before you actually file a case, it’s better to give 15 days notice to the opposite party or parties. In this notice, which should preferably be typed out and ideally be sent by speed post or registered post A.D., you should narrate your grievance explaining your issue, how long it’s been, what remedial action you expect from the company and what kind of compensation you seek if any. You should keep a copy of this and all other correspondence.

You should always talk to a branch office of the company closest to where you live. This will make it easier for you to meet their representative in person if you need to.

1 Like

Firdosh Kassam (Karachiwala) (ADVOCATE & SOLICITOR firdoshkassam@hotmail.com)     24 June 2017

You can file a case in the Consumer Court and also you can consider filing a Police complaint for not giving the proper receipt/account. Make both Honda and the dealer as parties after giving a legal notice at the Registered address of Honda and at the address of the Honda dealer.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     24 June 2017

Write to dealer and M/s Honda under proper acknowledgment.

In a recent matter,It has been seen that M/s Honda is responsive.

ABHIMANYU SETHY (ACCOUNTANT)     30 June 2017

Dear Sir, 

It's not about Rs.793/- it's all about awareness, how the dealers are looting from customers.

They are charging extra amount on ex-showroom bike price, accessories, registration fee and some products (without price tag) and not providing free accessories.

ABHIMANYU SETHY (ACCOUNTANT)     30 June 2017

Sir,

Could u post proforma of, how to send a notice to dealer and honda comp, and how to file a consumer case and  PIL

with regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register