Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kunal Shah (Analyst)     25 January 2010

Regarding Stamp duty

Hi,

This is Kunal Shah.

Can anyone help me to know what would be ths stamp duty (in %) in case someone gets a property gift from his brothers wife.

Thanks,

Kunal Shah

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     25 January 2010

I am presuming you to be a mumbaikar, if you are then the stamp duty prescribed as per article 34 of schedule 1 of the Bombay stamp act , 1958, read with article 25. is 1% of market value or Rs 30000/- which ever is less. However, with effect from 01-05-2002, if any immovable property is gifted to a family member being the husband, wife, brother or sister of the donor or to any lineal ascendant or descendent of the donor, then the amount of stamp duty will be calculated at 2% of market value or as per article 25, which ever is less. In any other cases stamp duty is same as applicable to conveyance deed, under article 25.

Dirgesh kumar sharma (Advocate)     26 January 2010

Donation Deed ragistration in Property value @7% m.v. and other charges depend of state govt.polices.

in chhattisgarh 7%+1%nagar nigam +1% jila panchayat total 9% stamp duty and 1% ragistration fees.

Kunal Shah (Analyst)     26 January 2010

Hi Vishal,

Thanks for response.

Yes I am a mumbaikar.Could you send me the link or the copy of the article 25 which you are referring to. Also could you confirm that the stamp duty is 2% or 30000 whichever is "less". Also what is the definition of lineal dscendent ; does it include husbands brother?

sugandh (student)     09 February 2010

@ vishal-if m not wrong...its article 36 sch 1

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register