Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Satya   18 June 2017

Need help on medico legal procedure

Dear Legal Expert,

I am from Andhra Pradesh, I am constructing a house in my hometown. We have property boundaries issues with my neighbour and case is in civil court. Meanwhile, my neighbour trespassed into my construction site and doing some repair activity to his house from my site without intimation nor permission. My brother who went to our site at the same time, objected to this trespassing, upon which my neighbour picked up a quarrel and attacked my brother and broke his hand bone. My brother went to a government hospital and registered this as medico-legal case and gave his statement. subsequently, an FIR was prepared based on my brother’s statement and a case was booked under section 324 and 506. When we asked why more severe sections were not added, they told us that they need “Wound certificate”, after a month also they are telling the same answer. I believe police is dodging their responsibility due to bribery or influence by the opponent party.

I would like to know what is the procedure of getting “wound certificate” and is there any timeline in which Wound certificate to be obtained by the police and timeline in which a charge sheet to be filed in a medico-legal case.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Satya

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     18 June 2017

PHYSICIANS WOULD GIVE  WOUND CERTIFICATE WITHIN  1 OR  2DAYS. iT IS BASED ON POLICE STATEMENT CERTIFIED BY THE DOCTOR.IN MEDICAL LANGUAFGE. OBVIOUSLY  YOUR NEIGHBOURS  WEALTH AND INFLUENCE IS MAKING  THE POLICE TO DODGE AND DITHER THE CASE. REPORT THE MATTER TO /DY COMMISSIONER OF  POLICE  OR EVEN HIGHER UPS AND IF NOTHING WORKS FILE  A WRIT OF MANDAMUS IN HIGH COURT AGAINST THE POLICE DEPARTMENT SEEKING DIRECTIONSS TO POLICE TO INCLUSDE MORE SERIOUS SECTIONS AND ACT ON THE  IPC SECTIONS AND INVESTIGATE AND FILE A CHARGESHEET SOON.

1 Like

Satya   22 June 2017

Thank you Ms Kapoor

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register