LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amrita   14 June 2017

Non renewal of contract due yo maternity

I am a contractual employee working for 8 years in a PSU.From January I took without pay leave for 2 months due to my compleacated pregnency,even my company is not covering my maternity benifit also as its covered by ESI.Anyways,my contract is ending on july mid.Now my employer dont want to renew my contract as I am not able to serve my company for another 6 months due to maternity leave. In this situation what steps should i take to save my job.

Learning

7 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 June 2017

Originally posted by : Amrita
I am a contractual employee working for 8 years in a PSU.From January I took without pay leave for 2 months due to my compleacated pregnency,even my company is not covering my maternity benifit also as its covered by ESI.Anyways,my contract is ending on july mid.Now my employer dont want to renew my contract as I am not able to serve my company for another 6 months due to maternity leave.
In this situation what steps should i take to save my job.

Have you supplied the Rx of Dr/Medical reports  showing  the narration of complications in pregnancy along with sick leave application?

Has the leave been approved?

1 Like

"Now my employer dont want to renew my contract as I am not able to serve my company for another 6 months due to maternity leave."

Is it stated to you in writing?

Amrita   14 June 2017

Yes I have stated my sickness in writing.As I am contractual i do not have medical leave facility.So employer deducted my salary.

Amrita   14 June 2017

Beyond 12 days cl any other leave is considered absent.

Have you informed pregnancy and supplied copy of Dr's Rx showing tenetative date of delivery!

Have you supplied the Rx of Dr/Medical reports  showing  the narration of complications in pregnancy/sickness due to pregnancy and mentioned this as reason in  leave application!

Amrita   14 June 2017

Yes I have informed I am pregnent and my due date also and my reason for absence and also medical certificate and fit certificate.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     15 June 2017

You've a good case. You would win in court. Apply in appropriate Labor court/tribunal for redressing your grievace of not giving maternituy benifit leavemn Hence unable to renew employment contract...Prior to that issue a legal notice to your top Management.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register