Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gov employee   11 June 2017

Pay protection in government service

Hello Sir,
I am currently in a Group ‘A’ Government service(through UPSC exam).  I am under probation. My payment is 57800/-( 10th level,2nd index in the 7th CPC). I have been selected in other government department ( Gr ‘A’ post) through UPSC civil services exam. 
Before applying to this exam, I intimated my head of department in writing and I have a copy of that letter. Now, my queries are:
1)    Will I get pay protection?
2)    If yes, then is there any maximum permissible gap between the date of resigning from current service and joining the new one?

Looking forward for helpful answers.

Thank you.

Learning

15 Replies

SUNIL KUMAR (apprentice)     12 June 2017

You will get pay protection subject to your Deptt ccs conduct and service rules Since you intimated your hod As per policy prevalent You have to get your case for technical resignation submitted with mentioning your date of joining new assignment and there is Chance You will get pay protection
1 Like

Gov employee   12 June 2017

@sunil Kumar sir,

Thank you very much for your reply. Sir, what about the gap between resigning and joining new service?

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 June 2017

The facts disclosed suggests that you can join the new job by submitting technical resignation to the present organisation. Your pay will be protected, unless the new post is of lower scale. On technical resignation, you are entitled to joining time as per the extant norms.

1 Like

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     12 June 2017

You will get last pay certificate from your present dept that will be the only power you will get to get your pay protection in new post. nothing moore nothing less.

1 Like

thank you Sir!

Can you please tell me where can I find the rules related to maximum allowed gap?

Thanks

Originally posted by : P. Venu
The facts disclosed suggests that you can join the new job by submitting technical resignation to the present organisation. Your pay will be protected, unless the new post is of lower scale. On technical resignation, you are entitled to joining time as per the extant norms.

thank you Sir!

Can you please tell me where can I find the rules related to maximum allowed gap?

Thanks

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 June 2017

CCS(Joining Time ) Rules may be referred.

1 Like

Originally posted by : P. Venu
CCS(Joining Time ) Rules may be referred.

Sorry Sir, I forgot to mention that currently I am in Indian Raiways. The CCS (Joining Time) Rules are not applicable for railway servants. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 June 2017

Originally posted by : SUNIL KUMAR
You will get pay protection subject to your Deptt ccs conduct and service rules
Since you intimated your hod
As per policy prevalent
You have to get your case for technical resignation submitted with mentioning your date of joining new assignment and there is Chance You will get pay protection

CCS Conduct rules have nothing to do with pay protection

Gov employee   13 June 2017

Originally posted by : Sudhir Kumar

Sudhir sir, Kindly express your views on my query.

Thanks

Originally posted by : SUNIL KUMAR

You will get pay protection subject to your Deptt ccs conduct and service rules
Since you intimated your hod
As per policy prevalent
You have to get your case for technical resignation submitted with mentioning your date of joining new assignment and there is Chance You will get pay protection

CCS Conduct rules have nothing to do with pay protection

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     13 June 2017

CCS rules can be seen in internet .

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     13 June 2017

u wanted CCS rules i answered that only, yr LPC is good enough to protect yr pay in the new post once you are allowed to join but that accounts needs to be followed uo by you rigorously till done . tks.

Gov employee   13 June 2017

Originally posted by : dr g balakrishnan
u wanted CCS rules i answered that only, yr LPC is good enough to protect yr pay in the new post once you are allowed to join but that accounts needs to be followed uo by you rigorously till done . tks.

Thank you sir.

Can you also solve my 2nd query? regarding maximum permissible gap between resigning the current service and joining new service?

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 June 2017

You are a Group A Officer; certainly you should be able to get the required information from the internet. We have already provided sufficient leads.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register