Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pooja Sharma   11 April 2017

Details required for s*xual harassment of women at workplace act in noida

Hi All,

I am doing a Legal Research work over Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace in Noida Region. I need details like from where I can pick the absolute data or from where can I get the exact details required, If you can share information and detail will be very much helpul for me.

Thanks & Regards

Adv. Pooja Sharma.

Learning

6 Replies

Dr. Atul [9013898936] (Lawyer, Scholar)     11 April 2017

Well, didn't they have 'Research Methodology' in your University?

Anyways, empirical research is one of the most difficult tasks in legal research. You can start by referring to the published data of the National Crime Records Bureau available online, though I'm not quite sure if they would segregate s*xual offences between workplace and otherwise; that, you'll have to ckeck for yourself.

Next, you should get in touch with HR Departments of major Corporations having their offices in Noida for their statistical data. They'll most likely not be co-operative at all. But if you are able to satisfy them of your good credentials, qualifications, academic affiliations, references etc. they may open up, if only to make a good name for themselves as safe-for-women-wokplace; again, that is something you'd have to work out yourself. 

The toughest of the lot would be to have individuals responding to you. I'd suggest dropping a word on Facebook seeking personal feedback from individuals on this subject (and hoping it snowballs); You'd need to establish your credentials, though not as strongly as before a Corporation. It'd be an added advantage if you, or if someone you know, is capable of some web coding to make up a mutliple-options online Poll. Its important to ensure, and convince individuals that you'll ensure, absolute individual confidentiality and the data is being collected strictly for academic purposes.

1 Like

Pooja Sharma   11 April 2017

Thankyou so much Sir for your valuable response and advice.

usha (independent legal consultant for NGO)     12 April 2017

you can also reach out to State & National women's commission and department of women and child. they should have the data regarding SH

usha

1 Like

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     14 April 2017

You must have gone through the Act before embarking this arduous journey.  As per the Act, in the case of LCC (Local Complaints Committee), they should submit annual returns to the State Government.  So, first file RTI to get that data from state govenrment.  Next file RTI in respect of Central and State Government bodies in NOIDA region to find out how many establishments have ICC(Internal Complaints Committee).  You will get shocking responses that in most of these places, such committees are not set up.  In most cases also, you won't get any response for your RTI application.  Then, if you have time and patience and energy and enthusiasm, you can visit as many places as possible to find out such committees are really existing in those establishments and if there are any, how many complaints they received in the last three years.

Wish you best of luck.

1 Like

Pooja Sharma   17 April 2017

Thankyou sir for the valuable response.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 April 2017

More useful information can be provided if you could intimate what type of information you want to gather.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register