LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh Nagpure (Lawyer)     20 March 2017

Public ineterst litigation

I have gathered the information under right to information act in the name of my friend. now i want to file PIL based on that information.

is it necessary that the PIL should be filed by the person who has gathred teh information in his name or any other person can file it on teh basis of those documents.

With Regards

Learning

5 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     20 March 2017

You may go ahead and file the PIL so long the issue is related to public interest. The information obtained via RTI should be material to the petition. Who obtained the information via RTI is immaterial because information obtained via RTI is anyways public information and legally admissible as evidence.

1 Like

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 March 2017

If you have still doubts, file another RTI Application in your name and seek certified copy of Letter No.......dt....provided to RTI Applicant Shri....................as information for his letter No..................  This becomes official copy to you, without any doubts. (Infact this is not necessary, but one HC insisted that concerned official should also be examined while admitting a public record)

1 Like

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     21 March 2017

I agree with Democratic Indian.  While filing PIL, please ensure that the matter is really concerning the Public and not some personal issue is involved.  Now a days Courts are coming on the PIL petitioners if such PILs are on flimsy and irrelevant grounds.

Lawyer, Bonum Lex LLP (Law Firm)     24 March 2017

It is immaterial as to who has received information by way of RTI. Any information, received through this can be used as evidence in court. You or any other person may file in such a case. The main objective of the introduction of PIL was to ensure participation of public and to make judicial process more democratic. Therefore, go ahead and file your PIL without worrying about who has received information by way of RTI. Rest assured, it is well admissible in the court of law.

2 Like

anjuman   24 March 2017

Great reply @bonum lex I Appreciate this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register