Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

thamara1   02 March 2017

Resgining from bpo

This is my first post.

I was working in a BPO (Bangalore) for the past three months. And 2 days back (28th Feb) I came to my native. I won't be able to return to the job. I called my Manager today. At first, he was a little put off by it because he was recently promoted as manager. He was really friendly while I was working for the company. Already 2 employees who were from my batch lef the job without informing and they are not even responding to his calls or messages. So my manager asked me to go back to the office one last time, not to take calls, but put down my paers and complete the formalitites. He said that otherwise, it will affect even his own job. Now I don't mind  going to the office for one. But is there anything I should look out for?. Like if they ask me to sign a resignation letter or any other paper. Should I consult a lawyer or could I just read it and see for myself if there is anything that might put me in legal trouble? Or should I altogether not just go? I told him I would go but now that i think about it's a little worrying.

My original appointment letter says that during probation (I am in probation), I could leave the company by 15 days notice or by paying the salary for the same period. The company has the right to waive the notice period and relieve me immediately. It could also deny my right to buy out my notice period and ask me to complete the 15 days period.

Staying for even one day in Bangalore is not possible. Now I worked till 28 and my pay cycle is only till 20th. So I don't even mind if they negotiate to pay for the remaining 7 days and consider the extra 8 as notice period but I think that is highly unlikely to happen. i don't feel they would ask for the money back.

Could someone please suggest me what is the best course of action if I don't plan to work in the BPO sector ever again in future

Learning

8 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 March 2017

Hope you shall take it positvely.

Employee should always tender reasonable notice and help the bosses/Managers/Employer to complete the handover/exit formalities.

Abrupt termination should be avoided.

Workplace is also a place to build and forge ties that can help lifelong, like a social place.

If you were aware that you can’t come back even for a day then you could have resigned say: after pay cycle on 20th and completed the exit formalities.

Employee should not abscond and tender proper resignation.

Isn’t it!

thamara1   02 March 2017

I do take it positively. Like what you said is what I should have done. But one thing. I think my long post was a bit misleading. I did not mean to say that I can't go to Bangalore for one day. I would love to make a proper resignation. The only thing is, if they pressure me to work out the 15 day notice period in the letter, that would be a problem. and 1st and 2nd March are my weekly offs. So, tomorrow if I buy out my notice period, I don't see how that would be a prblem. Of course the company would still have to find a replacement. But still those were the terms of employment.

Reference Check, BGV, Relieving letter have become trends.

If you do not resign then after say 8 days you will lose lien on employment and in the interim employer ( as per known practices) may declare you absconding/absenting/abstaining from duty.

It is misconduct and lead to termination.

1 Like

Certainly employee can separate as per T&C inserted in appointment letter, drafted by employer and accepted by employee and employer.

1 Like

thamara1   02 March 2017

Thank you. So if I do make a proper resignation, is there something I should look out for in any paper they may ask me to sign, to avoid future trouble.

Submit notice of resignation preferably. Mention notice period/LWD in it.

Rest is upto you.

If your choice is resignation with immediate effect, then it is your choice. Mention that NO tasks/assets were pending at your end ( IF true). Highlight your achievements, good relations,conduct and its appreciations, during service.

Request to supply; acknowledgment of notice/final resignation, acceptance of resignation, correct FnF statement showing computation of earned wages/leave encashment/bonus/reimbursements/incentives etc (employer may/can adjust notice pay here), Form16 as per correct FnF statement, Service certificate, relieving letter, PF number and a/c slips, ESIC card ,NOC/NDC etc  

(Guest)

As if these companies care about you.  They would have already found a replacement.  If nothing is due from the company simply change your sim card.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 March 2017

The companies usually mention in FnF statement to revert within say; 30days or it shall be deemed as correct.

If it is correct you can sign it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register