Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
There were citations too in Chennai high court that say it is husbands responsibility to pay maintenance and support his wife no matter what. This was last year.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 January 2017

Yes!If husband himself is not employed and wife is  more qualified than him law should not allow lazy unemployed but educated wife to sit idle and demand maintenance when husband also is unemployed either underDV Act or Under section 125 Cr.P.C.  or Alimony.If you appreciate this answer please give me a like on my profile.

Thanks for sharing.

5 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 January 2017

Thanks for posting and sharing.

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     18 January 2017

Thanks for sharing !

(Guest)
I'm not sure if law is so cut and dry and if things are set in stone. It seems to me that ultimately they give judgments with common sense and using citations as a guide because every situation is different. (?)

David Ninan   24 July 2017

It is husbands responsibility to give importance and support his wife.thank you for posting.For further more queries about certificate attestation you can always contact us.

Ms. Usha Hegde (CEO)     24 July 2017

This judgement can be used by alll men who are troubled by greedy wife.  Thanks for sharing.

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     03 January 2018

Originally posted by : Helping Hand !
Citation - Unemployed Husband need not pay alimony to wife

Good post!

Just wish to add; victims should use their negative rights along with this citation for a good defense. 

Negative rights are explained on the link below: - 

https://www.facebook.com/RockySmith4Calcutta/

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     03 January 2018

Originally posted by : Sarma
I'm not sure if law is so cut and dry and if things are set in stone. It seems to me that ultimately they give judgments with common sense and using citations as a guide because every situation is different. (?)

Court has discretionary power on current circumstances of a particular case, however no such discretion should exceed moral value of Indian Constitution and UDHR. Court has no power to do so.

For example, whatever may be the situation; court cannot force unemployed husband to bag on the streets to maintain his wife. 

https://www.facebook.com/RockySmith4Calcutta/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register