Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Preeti   10 February 2017

Suspended: central government employee

Sir,

I am a central government employee. There was revenue loss which was caught by me. After 5-6 months, I was suspended in August 2016 on charges of "non-performance of duty". After that no separate charge sheet was given. Irrespective, I gave explanation of suspension within 10 days.
But they extended my suspension beyond 90 days(no period specified), reason given that it is still under review.
Now suspension period is towards completion of 180 days. Following are my queries:

• Like 90 days, 180 days is also a limit before which I should expect a reply on suspension from them ?
  • Shall I be getting 100% salary after 6 months period ?
  • Which court deals with it for speedy trial and how to proceed with that ?

Learning

4 Replies

Vinay   11 February 2017

1. In fact once the review committee comes with their oder, you have right to challenge your suspension , only if it stands in your way. 2. If the charges levied against you stands correct, you are not eligible for salary. 3. Central Adminstrative Tribunal is constituted for taking up cases of this nature. Regards Vinay Sharma, Adv Supreme Court of India 9873751988
1 Like

Preeti   13 February 2017

Thanks Sir for replying. 

1. I don't know when will they review my suspension. So like 90 days, Is there any fixed time frame suggested by Hon. supreme court in which they have to review my suspension and give me some reply. So that for that period I can wait.
  2. If in review meeting they come up with another extension and replied same as like "under review", then in this case am I eligible for 100% salary ?

Preeti   16 February 2017

Anyone replying to this ??

Preeti   17 February 2017

Thanks Sir for replying.  I don't know when will they review my suspension. So like 90 days, Is there any fixed time frame suggested by Hon. supreme court in which they have to review my suspension and give me some reply. So that for that period I can wait. If in review meeting they come up with another extension and replied same as like "under review", then in this case am I eligible for 100% salary ?

He got memorandum just a day before. I don't know how is it different from charge sheet ?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register