LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

swatikulkarni   31 January 2017

Wife suppressing her property on the name of her relative

This is for my brother. His is divorced since 2011. In 2014 wife filed maintenance case (HMA 24 and 25). Recently brother found that ex-wife and her motherhood family sold old ancestor building worth Rs. 2 Crore. My brother’s ex-wife got share in this property as it is Ancestor property. My brother’s salli (his ex-wife’s sisters) also received share in the property. But share of my brother’s ex-wife is on the name of her mother. Now we brought all property papers in the court.

Is there any citation, where wife is suppressing her property on the name of her relative and filing case for maintenance please?

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : swatikulkarni
This is for my brother. His is divorced since 2011. In 2014 wife filed maintenance case (HMA 24 and 25). Recently brother found that ex-wife and her motherhood family sold old ancestor building worth Rs. 2 Crore. My brother’s ex-wife got share in this property as it is Ancestor property. My brother’s salli (his ex-wife’s sisters) also received share in the property. But share of my brother’s ex-wife is on the name of her mother. Now we brought all property papers in the court.

Is there any citation, where wife is suppressing her property on the name of her relative and filing case for maintenance please?

Records speak for themselves, no need to bring in any more evidence.  You can however contact sub-registrar office regarding authenticity of such.  If wife is playing smart there are many other wasy to get away by not paying a penny to wife re maint and iA, change advocate would be HH's  advice.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 January 2017

The mutation record with all link documents from concerned revenue office or official/authority e.g; Patwaari, under whose jurisdiction the property falls can provide you clear picture.

One of the possibility is: She might have gifted/relinquished her share in favor of Mother.

Otherwise: all legal heirs have equal share or as per personal law that applies in this case.

1 Like

swatikulkarni   31 January 2017

Thank you Helping Hand and Kumar Doab sir.yes

All records from sub-registrar office along with Government seal already submitted in the court. Our only concern is ex-wife and her parents playing very smart, so there is no direct property and associated income on the name of ex-wife. Everything is on the name of her mother.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register