Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepika (Sr. Executive)     16 January 2010

Original Sale deed laminated

Hello everyone,

My father is no more and he has actually laminated the original saledeed document. Now the LIC of India is not accepting the laminated document as a valid proof and not sanctioning the mortgage loan against the property. EC is upto date, we have got a certified copy from one of the lawyer, and the LIC's advocate has given a statement that is document is very clear.

But LIC is not accepting these as proofs and asking my mother to remove the lamination. Only then they will approve the loan.

Please advice on this. Is the document not a valid one just coz we have laminated? What steps should I have to take to clear the loan from LIC?

Learning

35 Replies

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     16 January 2010

Just remove the lamination and submit the document to LIC.

subhash kumar (advocate)     16 January 2010

dear, better you do as desire by the LIC to secure the loan

Thank You sir for the reply

I have tried in many places and it's really difficult removing it.

Also, I would like to know y the document should not be laminated. I my case I have the supporting docs to prove the property is mine.

Actually they will put the seal that "the document in mortgaged" in the sale deed and after mortgage is released later or if redemption takes place they write and acknowledge that it is "discharged" over the deed.  As your deed is laminated it is not possible for them to do these things.  That is the reason they ask you to remove the lamination.  I hope your querry is clarified.

Sir, Our loan is secured and it's LIC's advocate itself has given a clear statement and I am just wondering why LIC is not sanctioning.

so does that mean we cannot use this laminated document anywhere for the loans?

The seal of "discharged" or anything is put only on mortgage deed usually.  I am not sure of my previous reply whether seal will be made on sale deed.

If the loan is not sanctioned, ask the reason from LIC and appraise them that LIC advocate has given a clear statement for the same.

we did that sir. LIC is just standing with one line "remove the lamination".

is there any other way or the legal document which supports this lamination

There is no other way out.  Just remove the lamination.

well, I tried everywhere, they said it cannot be done.

Anyways thanks for you time sir.

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     16 January 2010

Dear Deepika,

Basically, the laminated documents cannot be accepted because it is difficult to identify the original documents. Admittedly your case is genuine and they are original, as an advocate i have gone through several documents, wherein  some cheaters, try to use three or four sets in color xerox of originals instead of original deeds and try to deposit the same with several banks or branches of same back. Hence, Banks and Financial institutions will not accept the laminated documents.

S.A.NARASIMHA RAO KARRI

ADVOCATE

1 Like

girishankar (manager)     16 January 2010

Dear Deepika,

Go to Ur registration department show the said Document and apply for a copy of it and then apply along the with the original one....This is my idea...I am not Sure..... But Why not try it......

Adv. K.S.A.Narasimha Rao (legalquestadvisor@gmail.com )     16 January 2010

Dear Girishanker,

Here it is not case that the sale deed is not genuine, but the said deed cant be considered for loan as it was laminated. The only hope for her is to execute a Registered mortgage Deed in favour of LIC and release of the same on getting paid the dues.

S.A.NARASIMHA RAO KARRI

ADVOCATE

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register