Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ELANGOVAN   29 January 2017

Dhaana (gift) settlement

Dear experts:

My father have self acquired house property (Not in the character of Ancestral property).   My father is deciding to write Dhaana (Gift) settlement deed in favour of My Name. I have 2 elder sisters both are married. Now my father is living and good health and sound mind only.

My Question is

1. My sisters have any rights in my father self acquired house property?
  2. If settlement deed is execute in favour of me. My sister can file suit against the settlement property after the death of my father?
  3. In future suit is file against the property.. the suit is valid? Court may cancel the Dhaana (Gift) settlement deed and will give shares in the said property to my sisters?

Please give valuable suggestion for me. Thank you!

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 January 2017

It is believed that all of you are Hindu.

Confirm!

NO one has any forced share in self acquired estate/property of Hindu male.

He can dispose his  estate/property in his life time by a valid deed e.g; Gift/sale and WILL. 

1 Like

saravanan s (legal advisor)     29 January 2017

Since it's his self acquired property he is free to give it to anyone he wishes to give.y our sisters can't claim any forced share but they can challenge the gift deed before the court
1 Like

ELANGOVAN   29 January 2017

thanks for kumar doab & saravanan sirs........

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 January 2017

The local terminology is involved; Dhaana.

Local counsels can advise best what it is.  

Gift is complete when gifted by donor and accepted by done. In case of immovable property, gift deed should be registered and property possession should be taken.   Court alone can revoke the gift if gift was by under pressure, coercion etc …………..  

Local counsel can help you.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 January 2017

You are welcome.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register