Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhar V Sridhar (Employee)     22 January 2017

How much will be the maintenance in case of divorce?

How much will be the maintenance in case of divorce partners, while a husband is earning 35K pm and wife 20K pm. They have a girl child of 4 years, custody with mother?

Learning

8 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     22 January 2017

No maintenance to wife and both will share the maintenace of the child, amount will depend upon discretion of the court.

2 Like

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

Thank you

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sridhar
How much will be the maintenance in case of divorce partners, while a husband is earning 35K pm and wife 20K pm. They have a girl child of 4 years, custody with mother?

Wrong advice by non-legal member Sachin.  Maintenance how much it will be will depend on the date of application for maintenance.  Future is uncertain.  However uncertain is your jobs future, you will have to maintain wife and child according to Law of land.

Lonely_Guy   22 January 2017

Originally posted by : Sachin
No maintenance to wife and both will share the maintenace of the child, amount will depend upon discretion of the court.

How is it sir that no maintenance? Please tell case also. My wife also live with her parents I have no child. Will I pay maintenance later?

Sachin (N.A)     22 January 2017

Dear Lonely_Guy,

It is settled legal principal that wife unable to maintain herself is entitled for maintenance.

So if your wife is working or was working or highly educated is not entitled to get maintenance.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register