LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Smita   18 January 2017

Suggest cases to be filed

We got married 3 years back. Initially it was ok. My mother-in-law wanted to do MBA, she got me admitted and paid Rs 300000 from her salary and then admitted me in NIIT and she paid for the fees there also. She is so cunning that she paid it by cheque. At times she would discuss with others that I am not good looking and my father could have given more gifts in marriage. I did not like the food and asked my husband for a separate accommodation for me, but he did not agree. I had stayed away at my fathers house for sometime. I wanted the jewelleries back and he returned all but made my parents and me to sign in court paper in presence of witness. Now he never came back and I am at my fathers house. He sends me a few thousand rupees every month.

Please advise me on how to force him to stay with me or ways to threaten him so that he is forced to pay me what I want. Will filing criminal cases make my husband to loose his job so that he learns a lesson?

Suggest cases to be filed.

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Smita
We got married 3 years back. Initially it was ok. My mother-in-law was possessive about her son and would interfere in all personal matters. I wanted to do MBA, she got me admitted and paid Rs 300000 from her salary and then admitted me in NIIT and she paid for the fees there also. She is so cunning that she paid it by cheque. At times she would discuss with others that I am not good looking and my father could have given more gifts in marriage. Every month the money my husband would give me by her instruction was given in my bank account and I had to withdrew it and use. I did not like the food and asked my husband for a separate accommodation for me, but he did not agree. I had stayed away at my fathers house for sometime. Later he allowed a separate accommodation but after some time stopped coming though he kept paying the rent. I wanted the jewelleries back and he returned all but made my parents and me to sign in court paper in presence of witness. As I wanted the wedding ring back he also returned it. Now he never came back and I am at my fathers house. He sends me a few thousand rupees every month.

Please advise me on how to force him to stay with me or ways to threaten him so that he is forced to pay me what I want. Will filing criminal cases make my husband to loose his job so that he learns a lesson?

Suggest cases to be filed.

Legally you cant do anything.  Simplly adjust and lead happy marital life.

Ganesh Nair (Employed)     18 January 2017

It is very ridiculous that you are not thankful  to your mother in law that she even admitted you for higher studies and even paise your fees. Yet you call her cunning  because she paid the amount by cheque.  What caused you to stay away from  your husband? With your ego and I'll advise from your parents that law favours the weaker s*x, you are embarking onto all these unnecessary wars. After a few years the very same parents are going to criticise you. Do not throw away this wonderful life and regret later. He is not going to learn lessons from you  and do not be under the impression that law is going to favour you. Best of luck.

1 Like

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     19 January 2017

Laws are meant to seek remedy NOT for teaching lesson !

You cannot control or force someone to stay with you, Filing cases will only make mess for you. 

Find an amicable solution.

A walk alone (-)     19 January 2017

You can't teach him a lesson by filing case. Instead of teaching him a lesson you will learn a lesson family matters can never be solve in court. Only money and time waste in court. If marriage don't work better go MCD . filing any case is wastage of your time and money.

Lonely_Guy   22 January 2017

What is cunning if mother in law pay you by cheque? You do not like food? You want to seaprate accomodation? You want to force him to stay? You want to become rich from him? You want to make false cases?

God help you. I think not many pepul will not dare to say this but I will say I think that you are ladies who give bad name to law and to all the ladies.

Cases for you is this...go to Father and accept your own sins.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register