LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjana   12 January 2017

Fir quashed and husband reverts to violence again

I got married in 2016 and 6 months since then my husband was harassing me mentally and physically because we got to know he told lies at the time of wedding and is unemployed from 2 years.Unable to take this harassment anymore i lodged an FIR on him for 498(A). After a month he came to us and apologised and gave us an undertaking stating he would not do any sort of violence and will get a job and look after the family well. Believing this i agreed to get the FIR quashed. So he filed a petition in highcourt and i provided my consent also to continue for quashing. However, the judge was too strict and in his order copy he stated that immediately or in the near future after this petition is quashed if the husband withdraws from the society of the respondent(wife) the quash petition will be revoked and criminal proceedings will be reviwed and based on this condition the petition is allowed. After this my husband called me home and i joined him back .After couple of weeks he started abusing me and my family for lodging an FIR and even said that he reconciled only for FIR to be quashed and his intention is to get divorce. Later without any fear he started beating me and even demanding me to get a flat and gold ornaments from my parents ( i have all this in whatsapp message).One day he kicked me thrice on the stomach and i tried to commit suicide which video he recorded. In the video i am so distressed and said that he is the reason for me to take this step. He now says that using this video he will prove me mentally ill and suicidal to seek divorce even without spending a rupee as compensation. I kept reminding him of the high court order copy but he says no court can catch me this time and law ,police are all crooked ( all this in text messages). A week later he created ruckus at home and sent me home after snatching the house keys. In whatsapp text messages he even went on typed to get married to a SC or ST who will lick my feet . Although i don't belong to this caste how can he speak so bad about some community just because he is a brahmin? and all this in whatsapp message. I currently stay at my parents house and i do not know what i can do next. What is the best way to tackle this rascal and bring him to books ?

I don't intend to live with him anymore but he clearly cheated us again to get his FIR quashed and get away with his violence.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sanjana
I got married in 2016 and 6 months since then my husband was harassing me mentally and physically because we got to know he told lies at the time of wedding and is unemployed from 2 years.Unable to take this harassment anymore i lodged an FIR on him for 498(A). After a month he came to us and apologised and gave us an undertaking stating he would not do any sort of violence and will get a job and look after the family well. Believing this i agreed to get the FIR quashed. So he filed a petition in highcourt and i provided my consent also to continue for quashing. However, the judge was too strict and in his order copy he stated that immediately or in the near future after this petition is quashed if the husband withdraws from the society of the respondent(wife) the quash petition will be revoked and criminal proceedings will be reviwed and based on this condition the petition is allowed. After this my husband called me home and i joined him back .After couple of weeks he started abusing me and my family for lodging an FIR and even said that he reconciled only for FIR to be quashed and his intention is to get divorce. Later without any fear he started beating me and even demanding me to get a flat and gold ornaments from my parents ( i have all this in whatsapp message).One day he kicked me thrice on the stomach and i tried to commit suicide which video he recorded. In the video i am so distressed and said that he is the reason for me to take this step. He now says that using this video he will prove me mentally ill and suicidal to seek divorce even without spending a rupee as compensation. I kept reminding him of the high court order copy but he says no court can catch me this time and law ,police are all crooked ( all this in text messages). A week later he created ruckus at home and sent me home after snatching the house keys. In whatsapp text messages he even went on typed to get married to a SC or ST who will lick my feet . Although i don't belong to this caste how can he speak so bad about some community just because he is a brahmin? and all this in whatsapp message. I currently stay at my parents house and i do not know what i can do next. What is the best way to tackle this rascal and bring him to books ?

I don't intend to live with him anymore but he clearly cheated us again to get his FIR quashed and get away with his violence.

After filing 498a, what more option do you have?

You should not have got the FIR quashed.  That was a mistake.

He Kicking.  You trying to commit suicide, what is this?  This is marriage?

Instead of living life like this, take divorce and lead dignified life.

Take my word for it, its not worth pursuing this matter.

Best punishment for him is to give him divorce.

And you find someone else decent enough who can marry you and give you dignified life.  Not kicking, beating, and making you run for your life.

If you want to pursue this matter, you can, but you will only waste your own life in court halls.  If you are still adamant regarding teaching him a lesson, mail me on my email ID.  Will provide solution there.

Sanjana   12 January 2017

Thanks for the response. Yes,it was a mistake to take back the FIR never knew he was clever minded. But i wonder how can someone so easily violate the high court order. Doesn't it has any value? It is like getting away with the murder. I appreciate if you can share your email ID.

Mukesh sharma (job )     12 January 2017

Hi sanjana you take your FIR thats one of your mistake but no worry about this . file again same.

here i suggest you to find local lawyer in your city talk with him/her and file your case in court in sec 498a and along with this you  file for maintaince for your self 

no worruy about this collect all avidence and if he beaten you so you have some your medical report that you present in court such as you mention here he also kick on yur stomach thats help your in your case not wasting your time go to near police station and written FIR and find lawyer to file divorce case 

thanks 

AMAN KONARK MODI   13 January 2017

ONE IS HAPPY WITH FIGHT IT IS BEETTER FOR YOUR PEACE GET SEPARATED BY DIVORCE AND YOU ARE LADY BECOME SELF DEPENDENT ON YOURSELF AND BE LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE DONOT DEPEND ON OTHERS LEAVE THE SOCIETY WHAT THAT SAY.

DO HARD WORK EARN THE JOB OR LIVELIHOOD BY YOUR OWN TALENT AND LIVE LIKE FREE BIRD .

GEETA SAAR

LEAVE THE PASTA AND HIM

1 Like

AMAN KONARK MODI   13 January 2017

* NO ONE IS HAAPY WITH. UNNECESSARY WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Sanjana
Thanks for the response. Yes,it was a mistake to take back the FIR never knew he was clever minded. But i wonder how can someone so easily violate the high court order. Doesn't it has any value? It is like getting away with the murder. I appreciate if you can share your email ID.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/profile.asp?member_id=84464

AMAN KONARK MODI   16 January 2017

be sanjana become self dependent live in peace, in judiciary there is lot of money time and lot of suffer is alos their the money you waste there utilize in your self development

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register