LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shyamal   12 January 2017

498a, 307

Sir, I have been charged with 498A and 307. My wife made the following allegations 1) My husband physically and mentally tortures me 2) My husband has tried to strangulate me On the date of the incident, I slapped my wife. The medical report states • Physical assault • Reddish cheek The Police has submitted the charge sheet including both the charges. There are 6 witnesses and they have all claimed that the allegations of my wife are true. Under the above circumstances, what are the chances of my conviction under 498A and 307 ipc. Shyamal

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : shyamal
Sir,
I have been charged with 498A and 307. My wife made the following allegations
1) My husband physically and mentally tortures me
2) My husband has tried to strangulate me
On the date of the incident, I slapped my wife. The medical report states
• Physical assault
• Reddish cheek
The Police has submitted the charge sheet including both the charges. There are 6 witnesses and they have all claimed that the allegations of my wife are true.
Under the above circumstances, what are the chances of my conviction under 498A and 307 ipc.
Shyamal

You will be convicted, but there are other matters which will be taken into account.  It mainly depends on court discretion.  My say is not final.  Engage able counsel who can get you out of this mess, next time dont raise hand on your wife or any woman.

Sachin (N.A)     13 January 2017

Originally posted by : shyamal
Sir,
I have been charged with 498A and 307. My wife made the following allegations
1) My husband physically and mentally tortures me
2) My husband has tried to strangulate me
On the date of the incident, I slapped my wife. The medical report states
• Physical assault
• Reddish cheek
The Police has submitted the charge sheet including both the charges. There are 6 witnesses and they have all claimed that the allegations of my wife are true.
Under the above circumstances, what are the chances of my conviction under 498A and 307 ipc.
Shyamal

Nothing can be said without going through complete file.

But chances of conviction is very less in these types of cases unless there is specific evidence for that and especially medical evidence of hardcore cruelty. 

Slap or red cheek is neither consider for conviction of 498a nor 307.. These type of cruelty is ground for divorce case.

Rest will depend upon cross examination of witness. Engage a senior counsel who is expert in handling criminal cases.

Sachin (N.A)     13 January 2017

Rest agreed with autohide.

Venkata Mohana Rao (Law Student)     13 January 2017

Please contact this number who can help you 08882498498

Venkata Mohana Rao (Law Student)     13 January 2017

Please contact this number who can help you 08882498498

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 January 2017

Your query is straight on the chances of conviction. No useful view cna be formed without seen all papers.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register