Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi   28 December 2016

My relatives borrowed money and cheated me.

Hi to All,

This is Ravi from srikalahasthi near to Tirupati.One of my relative borrowed 40000 money from me on 9th and 11th January 2016 for his requirement.I was transferred amount to online transaction to his mother's account mentioning comment in transaction as "FOR VENKY INTEREST".They keep on postponing the money when i asked.

Initially they told 20th september 2016 they will give. After that again they told 20th january 2017.
             Present i asked current date with interest they told we won't give and using some bad words."Whenever i will give that    time you take" like that they are telling.they are behaving very rude,odd and using bad words.

I have only the bank statement and friends are the proof.

Please suggest me how i can proceed?

Here iam attching the screen shots of bank statements.

Learning

9 Replies

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     29 December 2016

Issue the Legal Notice for recovery and file proceeding before the court.

Feel Free to contact 

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 December 2016

you will end up sp[ending mor ethan Rs 20,000/-

1 Like

Money given to friends and relatives is always a charity in the garb of loan which is given in expectation of refund but always taken with intention of non-refund.

Such loan is taken by a person:-

1. Who lacks business sence and cannot raise funds out of his own business and suddenly wants to be rich.

1. who cannot raise bank loan because :-

Either

he himself is not creditworthy

Or

the purpose for which he seeks loan is illegal

or

the purpose for which he seeks loan is not at all commercially viable.

1.  Who knows he can afford not to refund.
  2. Who trusts his thick skin
  3. Who intends not to refund
  4. Who has made fortification against action of refund.

So he has to find someone who can part with his money. SO he finds a lender near him (fiend or relative)

Such loans are given by the persons :-

1. Who has surplus money.
  2. Who displays and boasts of such surplus money.
  3. Who stupidly believe that there will be a refund.
  4. Fails to realise as to why he alone (not bank) is being contacted for loan.
  5. Who has extreme trust on the debor
  6. who are either stupid or extremely greedy of the unusual (or illegal) rate of interest.

Such loans are always given

1. Without documentation.
  2. Without witness
  3. Without guarantor.

Business started by such money  (easy money belonging to other) invariably fails.

Such loans always sink and not refunded.

Ravi   29 December 2016

So What should i do.Is Believing the Relatives and giving money for their needs is falls?

I was given this 40000 money to them as individual separate NEFT 20000 and IMPS Transfers 20000.

Is there a Way to money back or i will end up with not refund.

The  bank statements is not worthy for filling case or shall i go for cheating case or end up with some lesson in life?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 December 2016

Contact a local advocate.  The chances of recovery through normal means are bleak.  He has not deceived you, and you have been deceived.  When there is a proper laid down system legally , not following the procedure and purchasing problems on your own have no solutions in general and litigation is the only remedy and even then recovery is not certain.

Originally posted by : Ravi
So What should i do.Is Believing the Relatives and giving money for their needs is falls?

I was given this 40000 money to them as individual separate NEFT 20000 and IMPS Transfers 20000.

The  bank statements is not worthy for filling case or shall i go for cheating case or end up with some lesson in life?

I have already described.

You have made a charity.  You feel you gave a loan.  The recipeint knows it was a charity.

Yes.

How does the bank statement proves that they were required to refund the money.

You can file a civil suit.

Any advocate charging Rs 10,000/- of less will not be trustworthy.  You have to spent some amount on stationary also.  You have to deposit some amount  (proportionate to the amount you claim) as court fee.

You have to be present in court on each date to ensure your advocate works properly. 

You have not indicate where will be the jurisdiction of the case (whether in your area of residenc eor not)

You say that some friends are witnesses.  You have to transport and feed them to be taken to court each time they  are required and still take their obligation.

If you win the case they do not refund.  They may appeal against order.

If they do not appeal and do not refund then you file execution application and spend again on advocate fee and other expenses and then his proprerty is attahced.

+

You also spend some amount of money on the false cases they may be filing on you.

+

loss of social respect you will undergo for filing suit against relatives.

Our society does not denounce someone who has refud to refund money taken in need but redicules the one who attempts to recover it .

In every movie the role of creditor is given to villian actor.

Choice is yours

remember

रखना बजुर्गों का यह कौल सीख

पहले दे उधार फिर मांग भीख

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register