LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen   19 December 2016

Agriculture land sale deed

My Dad had registered Agricultural land to an extent of 10 Acres on his friends name in 2010 without any consideration and Land passbooks are with us.
A Sale Deed was not executed, but all documents like Passbook, 13A/B, Pahani's have been updated.

Now my Dad had requested his friend to transfer the land to my name which he has agreed to(There is not any foul play from any party). 

I plan to Mortgage this land for a loan and spoken to few banks and they would mandatory need a sale deed for this transaction. Is it Legal or possible to get a sale 
deed executed now for a transaction done in 2010. What are the options available to fix the Sale Deed issue so that I can avail a Mortgage loan as I have been 
receiving conflicting answers from Lawyers and Revenue officials.

Please Advice.

Learning

5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     19 December 2016

Naveen u need to take relase deed from your fathers friend in to your fathers name in FY 2016.

Will u appreciate this answer by giving like on my LCI profile?

1 Like

Naveen   19 December 2016

Thank You, Sir.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     20 December 2016

Yes! you need to take a relinquishment or release deed from your father's friend to your father or in your name.If you appreciate this answer please give me all my profile likes.

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 December 2016

Originally posted by : Naveen
My Dad had registered Agricultural land to an extent of 10 Acres on his friends name in 2010 without any consideration and Land passbooks are with us.
A Sale Deed was not executed, but all documents like Passbook, 13A/B, Pahani's have been updated.

In the absence of sale deed no transfer of property has taken place.  In the absence of the deed how is it the revenue records are updated?

rahul abhyankar (advocate)     20 December 2016

relinquishment or release deed from your father's friend to your father or in your name wll solve  ur problem.....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register