Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

In Islamia College non - muslims can get admission or not?

I advised  one student go and fill your admission application in one of the Islamia college.

Will this Islamia college allow this student or not?

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)

They don't give admission to him. Is he ready to file a suit in the High Court against the Islamia College for violation of Constitutional rights and for showing religion discrimination in Educational Institutions?

1 Like

R.K.SUNDERRAJ (LAWYER HUBLI,KARNATAKA)     09 January 2010

Even before filing any application we should not come to the conclusion that the admission was refused, It is our constitutional right that any person what ever religion he is from, based on religion admission cannot be denied, If so it would be a violation of the principles of the constiutional rights.Then the court would order for the closure of the institution.

B.N.Rajamohamed (advocate / commissioner of oaths)     10 January 2010

Dear Mr.Gandhi ,

As per the constitution of india Minority institutions are those in which minority community people will be in majority but ipso facto that cannot be the reason for the admissions of other communities to be denied . As per Art.30 of the constitution of India and in view of the judgement of the supreme court of india in T.M.A.PAI FOUNDATION case ( A.I.R.2003, SC) the minority institutions can frame their own rules for admisssions but inspite of possession of requisite qualification that is on merits such a student must be admitted.

Therefore, if your man has requisite marks he will get admitted. If not it is actionable through writs.   

1 Like

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     10 January 2010

Thanks to Mr B N Rajamohamed. Thanks for quoting the Supreme Court rullings. So far I know admission on the basis of religion is not allowed. Benaras Hindu Univercitysity & Alligarh University both are open for the student of all religions. It is confirmed.

Madrasas are also open for all. Thanks to Mr. Gandhi also for raising the point, and interested to know the further development on the matter.

S.B.adil rahman (Legal Consultant )     17 January 2010

merely name having the word Islamia does not make it a purely Muslim College. It has to be see as to who runs the college and what are its business clause. Society ot Trust specify the aims and objects. Even if this is purely a minority run institutions 50% of seats are for the students of all categoris irrespective of their religions castes or creeds. I believe that there is no bar for such students of other community. The first topper  graduate of the AMU was a Hindu. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register