LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

M K Gandhi   03 November 2016

Liability of a married daughter for debt of her father

If a person have an elder married son,younger married daughter,wife deceased and takes personal debts from various sources,who will be liable for his debts during his life time & after his death?will it make any difference if debt is taken after marriage of daughter in 2013 ? If father drinks ,smokes & takes debts from market after marriage of daughter then who will be responsible for debts ? Will it make any difference if he says debts were taken for his livelihood and medical treatment?

Learning

3 Replies

I.S.Roy,Advocate (Advocate)     03 November 2016

Dear Sir

No one is liable if father did such debts unless such faehr left any property then one can  recover their debts by  attaching htose properties only i.e. called deceased estate

1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     04 November 2016

Dear Client, If those debts are contracted by father for his bad habits then son and daughter are not responsible for these debts. If it is for family necessity, such as daughter's marriage, I f the debts were taken for livelihood and medical treatment of father you can make your married son and daughter accountable and responsible for payment of these debts If they expressly undertake to pay personally these debts.If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you button on this forum.
1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     04 November 2016

You send The above reply by Registered post to family court of non home District regarding its invalid jurisdiction and wait for a reply from them.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register