LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajiv kumar (abc)     16 October 2016

In person presentation of case

Anyone can present his case in person that's correct. But what is exactly the procedure for doing so? 

how to prepare the Reply as Respondent to SC petition in transfer suit?

Can the respondent submit it through e-filing procedure?

Do the evidence need to be attached along with  the reply? 

How exactly it goes inside the court? 

Learning

7 Replies

Sachin (N.A)     16 October 2016

It seems from your question that you never appeared as party in person in any case. I also fight all cases as party in person and always suggested others to do the same but i will never advised you to do this experiment in SC , 

Hire an efficiant lawyer as you may not get another chance.

1 Like

Rajiv kumar (abc)     16 October 2016

Dear Sachin, you are mostly correct, I have not defended completely, so far in any case. however, I have been writing few applications to court in directly, under DV and 498a cases as and when, there was transition phase. 

I am sure it's not gona easy but finding good lawyer is also not easy one. In all dowry related case the boy family is by default treated as culprits and possibly very few are genuinely interested in putting up the truth. Mostly the bargain and extortion business under the shadow of law is the interest part.   

Appearing Party in person would give me gratification even if I loose the game. I want to see what will court will do when the facts are being put with evidence and logic. 

Please share some facts and procedure about party in person. share your contact number if possibly. 

IN THE HON’BLE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

CRIMINAL APPELATE JURISICTION

IN

S. L. P. (Crl.) No. …………….. OF 2016

IN THE MATTER OF:    

<Name>                                        ….. Petitioner

Versus

<Name>                                ….. Respondent

AN APPLICATION FOR RE-PRESENTING THE SLP (CRL.) 

MOST RESPECTFULLY SHOWETH:

1. That I am the petitioner in above mention case.
  2. I am aware of the court procedure and follow the same to the utmost dignity of court.
  3. Kindly allow petitioner to appear before this Hon’ble Court to present the Special Leave to Appeal No…………..OF 2016 in Person and arguing the case as Party -in - person before this Hon’ble Court.

Date:                                                                                                               XXXXX

Place:                                                                                                            (Petitioner in Person)

1 Like

If you are respondent make changes accordingly.

1 Like

whenever a party wants to appear and argue the case in person. he/she shall first file an application alongwith the petition seeking permission to appear and argue in person. The applicatIon shall indicate reasons as to \lhy helshe cannot engage an Advocate and wants to appear and argue in person, and ifhe is willing to accept an Advocate. who can be appointed for him by the Court. Such application shall. in the first instance. be placed before the concerned Registrar to interact with the party-in-person and give opinion by way of office report whethCT the party-in-person \I ill be able to give necessary assistance to the Court for proper disposal ofthe mailer or an Advocate may be appointed as Amicus Curiae. If the application is allowed by the Court then only the party-in-person will be permilled to appear and argue the case in person.

AN PADMARAJ (Executive Director & CTO)     22 October 2016

Dear Sachin and Rajiv Kumar,

I have over the last decade appeared in person in all my cases upto division benches in high courts with very focussed and quick results.  Be objective at every step is my advice.

1 Like

Sachin (N.A)     22 October 2016

For focused and good result one should focus on his/her own case, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register