LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raj Kumar (Self Employed)     10 October 2016

Jurisdiction to file case for cancellation of forged doc

One person A has prepared a forged doc of my property situate at P. The doc prepared at the place F where it was notarized.

1) Where should jurisdiction to file case of cancellation of this forged doc lies? At place of A ? At my place? At place of property P ? (It is too far so inconvenient for me) At place where it prepared, executed and notarized ?

2) Only criminal case of forgery suffices or I have to file civil case of cancellation too ?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     10 October 2016

Sir, 

Civil and Criminal both should be file. Civil be filed where the property is situate and criminal be filed where the forged document is prepared. I am working on the similar case for Nortarised POA & Relinquishment Deed. You can read my artilces https://kapilchandnaadvocate.wordpress.com/

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

1 Like

kanthraj   10 October 2016

You file civil case forged document in where property lies. And criminal case in your local place where you stays. Kanthraj Bangalore Mob: 9632708707
1 Like

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     11 October 2016

You can file civil suit for cancellation of forged document or at the place where you reside or where the  defendenant resides or works for gain or at the  place where the property is situate  or  a t the place (P) where forged document got prepared at the palce P.where the cause of action arose. If  defendant also resides near your place then there would not be any problem. You can file suit where you  reside. you can  file criminal case of forgery also.  If you appreciate this answer please click the thank you button on this forum.

1 Like

Advocate Ashok Yadav & Associa   11 October 2016

You can file civil and criminal both cases and bring them to task.

Please be free to contact then we can discuss in details.

Advocate Ashok Yadav {B.M.S., LLB (Mumbai) LLM –London(UK),}

Regards

NANDKUMAR B SAWANT (ADVOCATE./LAWYER)     11 October 2016

SIR.

1. YOU MAY FILE A CRIMINAL CASE BEFORE COURT OF MAGISTRATE, AT THE PLACE OF OFFENCE WHERE THE SAID FORGED DOCUMENT WAS PREPARED.

2. CIVIL SUIT CAN BE FILED WHERE THE PROPERTY IS SITUATED.

YOU MAY FILE BOTH MATERS. GOOD LUCK.

N.B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.,ADVOCATE HIGH COURT, MUMBAI.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register