Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Pf withdrawal for marriage purpose

Dear Legal Experts,

I am getting married in January 2017 and have been in service for more than 9 years in the same company. I got to know that I can withdraw 50% of my PF accumulations. In order to withdraw funds the PF office would need a form 31 and the wedding invitaion card. I want to know whether PF office does the verification based on the wedding inviation (will they call anyone) to know if the documents provided are true or not. Secondly, how much time will it take for funds to credit in my account. 

Thanks in advance.

Parminder

Learning

4 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     18 September 2016

No they will not go for any verification marriage card is enough , the amount credited within 15 days in your account.
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 September 2016

Marriage A salaried person can withdraw for self, siblings and children. He or she should, however, have completed a minimum of seven years of service to withdraw 50% of contribution (thrice in a career).

V Para 68K: Advance from the fund for marriages or post matriculation education of children.

https://www.epfindia.com/site_docs/PDFs/Downloads_PDFs/TypesOfAdvances_Form31.pdf

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 September 2016

PF cannot be withheld even by a court.

law has made PF a social security of the employee and not a security for the employer to keep employee with them.

stand of linking PF with no dues your HR deptt is illegal.

In case they believe you to be in service they cannot at all say that you shoudl propduce NOC. 

You have to give written complaint to the RPFC.  Non-attestation is crime under PF Act and rules made thereunder.

(Guest)

Thank you Laxmi Kant, Kumar Doab and Sudhir Kumar for the valuable inputs. 

@Martin: Thank you for the inputs, however, I will take my chances this time around :)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register