Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay   31 August 2016

Single unregistered agreement for multiple flats

Hi,

Recently I won the closed bid process for a corporate owned flat. There are 3 flats on the same floor and with one unregistered agreement (dated May 1986), the bid was for the single flat. The sale is under 'AS IS WHERE IS' basis. The company says they will give me the notorized copy of the agreement and they will handover the original one to the last flat buyer. Since the agreement is unregistered, I believe the stamp duty also must not have been paid. No issue on the the society records front.

Under these circumstance, how can I ensure that I will not face the legal hurdles in the future. The company agrees to adjudicate the agreement by paying the stamp duty dues, but since the agreement is not registered I am not sure how clear and marketable title I will get. Please help.

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     31 August 2016

Dear Sanjay Do the flat registered in your name by paying stamp & registration charges to government to avoid future consequences of law.

If u like my suggesation then give THANK on my profile.

1 Like

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     15 September 2016

1.  unregistered deeds can be registered by paying the requisite fees and penalty.

2.  unregistered deed and photocopy of the same holds no legal value and shall always remain a legal hurdle during future resale

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  https://www.maharashtra-society-help-forum.com 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register