LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjibmeena (officer)     03 January 2010

granddaughter"

My maternal grand father had died 15 years ago however my grand mother is alive. They had landed property in bhubaneswar town.They had four daughters and three sons. The eldest son was a bachelor. He died five years ago. All other sons and daughters are married.I am the daughter of my grandfathers third daughter and i am married. MY uncles(mamas) have persuaded my mother to voluntarily giveup her rights.Please advise what legal action i can initiate  

Learning

4 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     03 January 2010

Was the property self acquired by the grand-father or ancestral property. If it is ancestral property even you will have a share and object to the transaction.

vasudevan

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     03 January 2010

Your mother had a share in her father's property. As a natural heir, you have a share in your mother's property (which she inherits). Did your grandfather died intestate i.e. without a Will? If your Mamas manage to persuade your mother to voluntarily give up her share (by emotional blackmail I suppose), and she does so, I am afraid, you can't do a thing except to see them grabbing the property.

1 Like

sanjibmeena (officer)     04 January 2010

My maternal grandfather died without a will. My grandmother is still alive. She is however senile. My mamas are emotionally blackmailing her. They are also emotionally blackmailing my mother and other sisters. So far they have not got the patta but they have started selling by taking signature of my mother and her other sisters. what can i do to stop my mamas to completely devide the property among themslves. my mother is constantly blackmailed by my mamas. Is there any way that i can get a stay order from the court ? How else can I call my mamas to a negotiating table

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     04 January 2010

Property to negotiate? You must be very optimistic. Mahabharata war was fought for property. The old say is:

Every fight is either for jar (money), joru (woman) and jamin (land). In your language and area, it may be known by different names, but, the substance can't change. It is fundamental.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register