Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Fight for justice (Consultant)     19 August 2016

Two divorce case running parallely need urgent advice.

Dear Expert ,

Seeking your suggestion on an urgent matter .  After i got experte from section 9 - RCR , i waited for 1 year to  file Divorce i.e section 13 (1) as a special case. When i served one notice , my wife famillyu intentionally didnt accept it  but filled another case against me at their local court. My Advocate told me that i dont need to appear there as our case is on going at my distirct court.  My second notice was about to be served mean time my wife has  filled a new divorce and maintaince case at  my court where my case is going on . 

Please advice what should i need to do in this matter. How is it possible to have 2 divorce case running together . My case was done just after one year of experte decree of section 9 . Please advice. 

Learning

3 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     19 August 2016

F F J

Some thing is mis leading since at time 2 case can be run on same ground at two different court.

U need to explain this fact before the court to get relief from it.

If u got notice then give reply through advocate as early as possible. If u dont send reply then it is presumed that u were agreed for the content of notice.

If u like my solution then give THANKS ON my profile.

1 Like

Fight for justice (Consultant)     20 August 2016

Thanks. When my case is already in progress is it required to proceed according to their served notice on similar case.Morover my case was done before her case..

(Guest)

Sir,

Bring these facts to the notice of the court. According to settled principles of the law she cannot run simultaneously two cases. If your case has been decided then you cannot even file another case.

Regards,
Rit Arora
Advocate

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register