LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

xman0003   31 July 2016

Urgent-want to divorce from wife but she is not leaving my home

Hi All, Want to divorce from wife but she is not leaving my home.Also not ready to give divorce.One of the lawyer said you can not give her divorce notice until leave separate.

Learning

5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     31 July 2016

Try to solve the matter amicably. Get mediation from expert counsel. Find out what are the reason to get divorce.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     31 July 2016

Sir, 

You can give divorce on the ground of cruelty, Provided you will be able to prove the grounds which are required to be proved for divorce. 

You can visit my website at https://kapilchandnaadvocate.wordpress.com/ and read the article on cruelty. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 July 2016

You mean you are asking your wife to go out of her matrimonial home?

It shall be certainly better to consult a very able counsel and discuss your issues and understand the implications. Avoid acting on your own and while you are not properly informed.

Try to resolve the matter and save your marriage if possible.

There are many threads at LCI on similar issues that you can search in option on bottom on right hand side of this web page.

1 Like

A walk alone (-)     31 July 2016

Leave your home for sometime. Go somewhere else or go for rent and then file divorce on cruelty ground. No one can force anyone to live with his wife. It's your life your decision.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     31 July 2016

Even while divorce case is on the concerned spouses stay together under same roof.you can file contested divorce on some relevant ground.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register