LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     01 January 2010

Advocate and lawyers

Hi ALL First off all a very happy new year to all the members . I was goin through the topics and posts and so i have gained some doubts 1.Is there any difference between a lawyer and an advocate 2.Is it true tat a L.L.B holder cannot register in bar council of india if he is pursuing a non legal professional course like ca/cs/cwa.And planning to practice CS,CA,CWA 3.Is it true tat after registering in the bar council , upcomin or junior lawyers get some remuneration by the council as an encouragement. 4.and Lastly in general tat I have heard tat police may harrass ordinary people or misbehave . but when they learn tat the next person is a lawywer then their attitude changes (i mean they act reasonable)

Learning

9 Replies

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     01 January 2010

Dear Nikhil, here is the solution of your ambiguity

Q: Is there any difference between a lawyer and an advocate

Answer: No it is one of the same thing

2.Is it true tat a L.L.B holder cannot register in bar council of india if he is pursuing a non legal professional course like ca/cs/cwa.And planning to practice CS,CA,CWA

ANswer: Not only LLB holder but even LLM or any law degree holder If ever want to persue any business or any other profession then he is not entitle for registration. Plz go through Advocates Act and your all ambiguity will be clear.

3.Is it true tat after registering in the bar council , upcomin or junior lawyers get some remuneration by the council as an encouragement.

Answer: It depends upon bar to bar. In Punjab and Haryana High Court, there is no such rule or trend, even if new comer dead due to starch even then nobody come forward to help him/her.

4.and Lastly in general tat I have heard tat police may harrass ordinary people or misbehave . but when they learn tat the next person is a lawywer then their attitude changes (i mean they act reasonable)

Answer: Yes this is true coz knowledge is power. If you have knowledge then not only police but even burocrats or any big person will bow before you coz of your knowledge.

Good luck dear and Happy New Year

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Punjab and Haryana High Court Chanidgarh

1 Like

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     02 January 2010

Thank u a lot . 

But one thing is still not clear , 

What if i am just pursuing the course . i mean i study B.B.M but i m not doin business. So am i still barred from pursuing b.b.m while practicing in court.

waitin for ur reply

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     03 January 2010

Who can prevent pursuit of knowledge? You can joint any course of study. Practising is different.

Gundlapallis (Advocate)     04 January 2010

I did ICWA but practicing  in the courts of law because i also did BL and choose to takeup law as my profession and yet i am not barred from doing anyother course such as MBA if i choose to.  Ok? 

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     05 January 2010

How can any law prevent pursuit of study in any branch?

Prodyut Banerjee (Advocate (Corporate Lawyer))     05 January 2010

There is no restriction in pursuing any course. You may do CA/CS/ICWA/MBA/CFA or any other course of your choice but you have to take up practice of only one profession.

Yes it is true that police normally do not dare to harras Lawyers or act unreasonably (as it has become rule for Police to harras other respected citizens of this country and to act unreasonably). In addition to getting reasonable behavior for himself/ herself it is the duty of a lawyer to ensure that Police is restrained to do any ill behavior to any other fellow citizens

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     23 January 2010

ya true , thank u everyone for their contribution.

murali (Tax Practitioner)     24 January 2010

Is MBA, a practicing profession ?, as you said like, CS,CWA ....

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     25 January 2010

Obtaining a degree is not a profession. Practising is a different thing.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register