Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     31 December 2009

Live in Relationsips

Hi all,

I have a small doubt about live in relationships, If i am not wrong then there is nothing illegal about two unmarried couples livin together. Right ? 

My question is if there is a police raid then how r the live -in partners going to avoid all the harrasment  and questions by police, before proving tat the girl is a descent one and not any call girl or etc..

I hope my question is clear to all. 

Learning

9 Replies

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     31 December 2009

Basically i want to know , wat actions police can take and  how can the party handle the situation without comin in highlight.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     31 December 2009

IF EVERY THING IS  DECENT, HOW CAN A POLICE GETS A DOUBT RELATION ? & WHO CAN A COMPLAINT REACHES P.S?. SOME 3RD PERSON ONLY CREATES ALL THESE THINGS.

SO IT IS THE PROBLEM OF SOCIETY, NOT THE POLICE.HENCE  STILL SO  MUCH TIME IS NEEDED TO BECOME WESTREN  COUNTRY STYLE .

1 Like

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     01 January 2010

Thanks for the reply, Well i know that the case will be in my favour, but wat i wanted to know is HOW to solve the whole situation without making it a big drama for neighbours.

subhash kumar (advocate)     01 January 2010

Dear, live in relations are not accepted in our society. this is the culture of western country. be a decent man ,not spoiled your indian culture, better you marry with the girl. other wise what will happen with the children out of the relation ' bastered or called by any other name.

Subhash kumar, adv

nikhil kumar sinha (legal associate)     01 January 2010

Subhash Sir ji

Thanx for the moral advice,

But sir , actually u should not do things as per society desire , Do the right thing even if the world is against, n I said about live in relation , not havin kids withou marriage . 

I respect u sir but don agree wit ur thought, Society will not come forward to help me when i m down nor they ll do any good for me for free.

Its not bout western culture , its bout right or wrong .

Please sir i don mean to disrespect u , n don take it personally.

Thanx

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     01 January 2010

Practically the attitude of police is not found descent in such cases though legally it is not wrong.

Arup Kumar Gupta, Korba, Chattishgarh ((m)9893058429)     01 January 2010

I do not agree with Adv. Mr. Subhas. Live-in relationship is the oldest form of marriage. Either in eastern or in western. Marriage was introduced latter on. Therefore marriage is modern and live in is old pattern of male - female unification. neither it is immoral,nor it is illigal. it is only a choice of a particular person. I consider live in as a better system, where nobody is encroching other's personal liberty. i personally going with live in relationship more than 12 years. i have a daughter. i am maintaining a family life. neighbours and police never disturbe me and i openly advocated in favour of live in relationship.

Mr. Nikhil you are right that there is nothing illigal. Where question of police raid is involved, it is for pimps, not for gentle couple. when you are bold to go on live in relationship then be bold to say to public it also. if you or anybody requires information about its ligality, may contact me for further details. The persons in a live in relationship is always free to go on marriage.

Police may come but you told them you are in live in relationship. They are entitled to search for immoral traficking. The act is to save the ladies from immoral trafiking. You may read the concerned act also. It is available in Internet.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register