Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram S   08 July 2016

Travel to abroad-marital status in passport is separated

Hi Friends and Expert members,

I have a query regarding traveling abroad when the divorce case is running and request your valuable inputs.

I have a divorce case running(am the petitioner) and there are no cases against me(DV/Maintanence). It has been settled through mediation but the divorce decree is yet to be obtained and may take some more time.

While obtaining the renewal of my passport mentioning the marital status as "Separated" I faced lot of hassles(really a lot to be frank) at the passport seva kendra and was asked to produce Annekure-K(as am not officially divorced and case is still running but settled through mediation center) which I promptly did and got my passport renewed.

I have now got a job offer abroad and also applied for permanent residency. As part of this process, while obtaining the police clearance certificate, I had mentioned my status as single(to avoid these legal hassles again) and got the same with a stamp on my passport.

I am about to fly abroad and would like to know if the marital status on my passport as "Separated" & the Police clearance certificate stamp, can the Indian immigration officers stop me from flying?

After facing a large amount of stress on the process of getting divorce,am stumbled on another roadblock. Your valuable legal advises will surely help me as am looking forward to start a new life.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Mukesh sharma (job )     08 July 2016

Hi ram as my information if you have some certificate for you got in written from where your medition process will be complete thats wil help you 

and you will be mention their seprate and tell them clear you case running in court and you have not decree yet 

so thats good for you coz single status you mention when you not married and if you got married once than you not mention their status single you need to be mention seprated 

thnks 

1 Like

Ram S   09 July 2016

@Mukesh - Thank you for your reply Sir. I have the legal documents and will carry it with me. Is there a possibility to check my marital status and prevent on those grounds while flying.

Mukesh sharma (job )     11 July 2016

Hi sir welcome to you and here i mention for you if you carry your all document than their no any problem to prevent to stop you 

and if they ask you than you show it 

thnks 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register