Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Eric Easter   05 July 2016

What can be done with ice cream cups with fingerprints?

A relative of mine is planning to file a case against his neighbor. His neighbor is aware of that. For the last several weeks, the relative is noticing that whenever he throws something like an ice cream cup or a chocolate bar wrapper (for instance, Dairy Milk wrapper), the neighbor picks that up and takes it home. The items obviously contain my relative's fingerprint. The neighbor is neither illiterate nor poor. In what ways can these be misused by the neighbor? 

Learning

10 Replies

Advocate Ram Prasad (Chief Lawyer)     05 July 2016

Strange never heard of anything like dis. That neibor may b having some obsession behaviour or some psychological problem nd u may be wrogly understanding him or ur own observations may not be correct.

Pawan S (Advocate)     05 July 2016

The common thing of these artifacts is, these all are plastics.

Many people pick up plastics and sell them off.

As far as the law is concerned, these cannot be used as evidence unless the evidences are reliable.

Vibha   06 July 2016

1. It seems neighbor is trying to play mind tricks to make your relative suspicious and worried.
  2. It seems that his strategy is working.

Eric Easter   06 July 2016

Relative's Guesses:

Neighbor picks up an item with my relative's fingerprints using a wrapper/cloth so that the item does not get his own fingerprints. He bribes a police officer to place that item in a crime scene. The neighbor tips the police saying that he saw that my relative was present at the crime scene/ my relative committed the crime. Cops recover the item from the crime scene and find my relative's fingerprints on it. He gets arrested.

This might sound like a long shot but it is not impossible.

What kind of defense strategies can be used in such situations?

Vibha   06 July 2016

"What kind of defense strategies can be used in such situations?"

He can wear gloves at all times.

Eric Easter   06 July 2016

Originally posted by : Vibha
"What kind of defense strategies can be used in such situations?"

He can wear gloves at all times.

You have to understand that nothing is too far in a criminal's twisted mind. I see you are taking the matter lightly and joking about the entire issue. In the process, you are avoiding the question. I would appreciate if you could add real value to the discussion. What has been mentioned is just a part of an elaborate plot. There are strong reasons behind such guesses. 

Vibha   06 July 2016

1. I agree with Ekta's explaination that ice cream wrappers with fingerprints do not make decisive evidence for any criminal cases (unless the wrapper is used as a murder weapon.)
  2. I also agree with your own statement that such worry is a long shot. 
  3. It seems there is more to the story than these ice cream wrappers. If you state other relevant facts then perhaps more value added suggestions can be made. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2016

He should give him a writtn legal notice and call upopn him to intimate his intentions.

The person is either psychiatric or a top criminal planner.

Your blog doe snot indicate what he is.

JustAdvisor (IT)     06 July 2016

The neighbour may be doing an analysis of how many people come in your house :)

JustAdvisor (IT)     06 July 2016

nowadays many banks, mobile phones and other places have finger print as password. so your neighbour will create a skin over his skin and maybe use your fingerprint to sell all your stocks.....wait i have heard that story before! oh yes! TDKR! :)
1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register