Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chaitali   29 June 2016

Unpaid airtel bill and threat calls

Dear Sir, 

This is to bring to your notice that i  would like to file a complain against Airtel with reference to a billing issue.

Mobile No: 9923190930

Out of nowhere suddenly in the month of Feb 2016, Airtel charged me with a huge amount of bill of Rs 4270/-. I had written to them asking for correction and also for break up of the bill but they continued to send me the consolidated bill. When asked them to provide me with the break up of internet usage as the major part was billed for internet usage , they could not provide as they do not hold any such details.

There were multiple emails forwarded to them over this complain, upto their Nodal office but never got any appropriate revert apart from that there was tremendous mental torture that i had to face due to the calls made by their recovery agents.

When once spoken to their recovery agent they told me that the original bill was for Rs 20000/- for the month , however they gave me a discount of Rs 16000/- as it was a mistake  and hence i had to pay the balance of Rs 4000/-. How is it possible for a person using a 2G service to generate such a high bill in a month and that too with a horrible network.

Apart from that if you check my previous bills for the entire year the average has never gone above Rs 400/-. Then on what basis am i charged for Rs 4000/- in a particular month.

There has been extreme harassment by the Airtel people in terms of calling and harassing over the call

Below is the mail that i had sent to them complaining regarding the bill. which i have sent to appellate.kk@in.airtel.com on 25th Feb 2016 registering a complaint and pot which i have a couple of emails followed, but with no appropriate revert

This is to bring to your notice that i have been billed for  Rs 4270/- for the 
month for Bill Period : 20-Jan 2016 to 20- Feb 2016 which is a huge concern. 

I have been using Airtel 2G  for past 3 years  but never incurred such a huge 
cost. I wounder how much Data plan can a person use to have  data charges for  
Rs 20000/-  in a month with a 2G data plan. 

Most of the times due to coverage issue  with  to 2G i am unable to download 
videos as well, then from where have i  incurred such an amount. 

Request you to please look into the same this at the earliest, i i do not think 
that the billing for this month is correct. I have been using my net in the 
same manner as in the previous months, but never had such a huge bill. 

Please look into this matter at the earliest  and please help me know what is the further procedure

Post this email there were multiple emails giving me the same details that the bill is correct. and that i will have to pay the amount. There were en number of calls from Airtel recovery people harassing us and each time i had told them to get the correction the bill and i am ready to pay.. I have never defaulter in my payment ever before this . You may check my records for the same in the past. But how can i pay such a huge amount without clarification.

I have always asked Airtel to give me the details of my data usage. They just gave me consolidated figures which makes no sense to me.

Now they have gone one step ahead. I got a call from their Recovery agent claiming to be a lawyer and he asked me to make the payment within 15 mins or else he will forward the case to the magistrate for legal proceeding. He pressurized and harassed me to know end. He mentioned that a case is filed in the Patiyala high court against me , i told him the same that why are you forcing me to pay  for something that i have not used. To this he said that he will discount Rs 1000/- as settlement and if still i do not pay then he will file a case against me for Rs 26000/-.

How can someone just force you to pay , for something not used.

Sir, I am repeating myself once again, Once i have a clarification of my bill i am more than happy to go ahead and pay off. I have never ever kept any payments outstanding in my life so far, but cant pay for something not used.

More over the signals  and the network is so pathetic with AIRTEL, that one cannot keep surfing all day,

Sir , need your intervention in this matter as this is gone beyond limits  and very torturous

PS: I have stopped using any services from AIRTEL since March 2016
Please let me know can they file any case against me or will my CIBIL score fets affected due to this. All i am asking for a corrected bill. and i am happy to pay. But they are all in the extortion mood.

Need Help 

Sincerly,
Ravishankar K

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)
Sir dnr worry..1st issue legal notice..Balachander Reddy Advocate.#9959850723

Chaitali   29 June 2016

Ok Sir,

And how do i do it. I am resididening in Pune and now they have called me and informed that they have filed a case initially in Patiyala court and now in Delhi high court for rs 26000/-

Chaitali   29 June 2016

also when can i call you if i want to discuss in person

Chaitali   29 June 2016

also when can i call you if i want to discuss in person

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 June 2016

Approach a counsel specializing in consumer matters at your location with all Bills, communications on record and proceed further under expert guidance of your counsel.

Record all threatening calls, including but not limited to that a case has been filed in Civil court, High Court, and to pay in 15 minutes, and discount has ben given for Rs...16000/ as it was mistake.......................etc etc..........

Lodge police complaint under proper acknowledgment.

Your counsel can guide you further.

(Guest)
Dnt worry and do take appropriate action,at an earliest...

JustAdvisor (IT)     29 June 2016

there is a credit limit assigned to every sim card. what was your credit limit (it must be written on any of the bills)? further 2G pack comes with a data limit and a warning SMS is sent when you utilise 90% - 100% of the limit. was such an SMS sent to you?

ZNin Teknajz (Self Employed)     29 June 2016

I have faced a similar situation with Airtel in past.
I had been using 3g internet plan on my Android tablet which was lost, I filed a complaint with Airtel and got my account closed via customer service on phone

After 1 month received another bill from them for 250 INR, upon calling them they said, account was not closed, I was shocked, but didnt had time to waste on this, I went to aritel store nearby and personally after paying money in cash, got my account closed..

3 months later again received 500+ bill as the account was still active, this time I was really disappointed (fake company people, who wont close the account). I simply did not pay the amount, they called me few times, telling me, my case shall be filed in court etc..

I politely told them to go ahead and do needful, as I collected some paper (dont recollect name) which stated my account has been fully paid and closed on that date..
Never ever received a call again..

but it comes as a suprise, are these fraudalent tactics run by these companies or some people working there misusing companies policies ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 June 2016

@Chaitali,@ZNin Teknajz,

Attach all docs and Write to:

Mr. Sunil Bharti Mittal

Founder and Chairman

Registered & Corporate Office:

Bharti Crescent

1, Nelson Mandela Road, Vasant Kunj, Phase – II

New Delhi – 110 070, India

sunil.mittal@bharti.com

ceo.direct@bharti.com

Tel. No. : 91 11 4666 6100, Fax No. : 91 11 4666 6411

https://www.airtel.in/about-bharti/equity/corporate-governance/

https://www.airtel.in/about-bharti/equity/support-and-communication/

https://www.facebook.com/AirtelIndia/posts/600881773268779

Mr. Rajendra Chopra

Company Secretary & Compliance Officer

Email: compliance.officer@bharti.in

https://www.airtel.in/about-bharti/equity/support-and-communication/

Airtel CEO Gopal Vittal sends e-mail message to customers on call drops

Gopal.Vittal@in.airtel.com

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/airtel-ceo-gopal-vittal-sends-e-mail-message-to-customers-on-call-drops/

Gopal.Vittal@in.airtel.com, ceo.direct@airtel.in, Srinivasan.Gopalan@in.airtel.com, raghunath.mandava@in.airtel.com, secretary@trai.gov.in, pradvbcs@trai.gov.in, pradvtd@trai.gov.in, advqos@trai.gov.in, asen@trai.gov.in, advlegal1@trai.gov.in, advifn@trai.gov.in, manishsinha@trai.gov.in, mptangirala@trai.gov.in, advmn@trai.gov.in, sksinghal@trai.gov.in, advbcs@trai.gov.in

https://trai.gov.in/Comments/OLD/27-Mar=to-10-Apr/20150409-Fwd_%20Service%20complaint-90407662.html

mark copy to DOT,TRAI and your lawyer.

Thereafter pull them to DCDRF.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Consumer-court-can-now-decide-telecom-complaints-100830.asp#.U0wKFEeBmXU

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register