LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vij   02 June 2016

How can i reduce maintenance.

My wife filed maintenance case. We dont have children.
I am an it professional. 
She did engineering and did job before marriage. after marriage she stopped working.

I have below questions
Is it true that we need to pay 1/3 rd of our salary.
How my income will be determined, is it based on current payslip or average salary of a year?
IT job is not permanent, If I loose job after some time, still do I need to pay?.
Is court has the right to ask my payslip from the company. 
I dont want to pay my hard earned  money to her. My mother, brother and sister(staying with my mom after marriage) are dependants on my income.
she filed false 498a case. so can i provide wrong payslip with low salary and submit in the court. will it be any issue.(My wife knows my salary)
Some says dont work and dont pay...How come we survive with out working?
What is best way to reduce the maintenance?
If she remarry is maintenance will be cancelled?

Learning

9 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     02 June 2016

As ur wife is engineering graduate and earn money she is not eligible to get maintenance.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     02 June 2016

If your wife is currently working and earning enough to lead a comfortable life then you dont need to pay otherwise you got to do.if you happen to lose your job while you are providing maintenance then you need to file a change in circumstances petition before the court.court can summon your employer to provide your salary and other required details.once she remarries she wont be entitled to receive maintenance from you

vij   05 June 2016

Thank you so much for every one for the sugesstions. I got below queries please clarify.

I have 2 lacs in shares and 1 lac in mutual funds in my demat account.
I dont want to show above asset in my maintainance case.

I got below 3 options from my friend.are they good option. please suggest me?
I will sell my shares and mutual funds and do any one from following options. 

1.Fixed deposit the amount in my brothers/sisters account
2.Buy shares in my brothers/sisters demat account.
3.Buy a land on my brothers/sisters name.

Sister got married, Brother is not married working in pvt company.

I will take my money back after the mainatanance case is completed...

Mrs. Bakshi (Social Studies Reader/Worker)     05 June 2016

Bring back wife if you are unable to pay maintenance.  Rest all efforts of transfereing property etc will turn futile.

1 Like

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     06 June 2016

sir

think pragmatically not pedantically because you are thinking only trurth will be mentioned and mostly cases are made after treating facts and based on false ground so try to resolve you matter

thank you

i mean to say your wife may incorporate false grounds of cruality against you and your loved ones for the purpose of taking money from you indirectly?

vij   18 June 2016

I tried to bring back my wife 10-15 times in 2 years period with the help of relatives/elders. But
She is not interested to come back and making false allegations.

I know its not right way to trnasfer the property, due to gender baised laws and long trail runs, I want to safe guard my self. It can help me to hire a good lawyer.

why should I pay who is interested in my money instead of me.

Now I lost my job also, I hope you understand my pain and help me with good suggestion in below scenario.

1. My wife did job before marriage. I dont have the experieance letter, but got some pics in facebook with their collegues. is that helpful to me to prove that she did job.

2. I lost my job but I may get in couple of months, which salary court will consider old/new job.

Vakalath (Vakeel No. 1)     18 June 2016

Smart as

You will somehow pay, how, court wont ask, if you wont pay, salary or no job or whatever, they put u in jail and do vasooli, dont think that they will let you go.  Jails are filled with men who dont pay alimony and they are doing time with inmates who have got life imprisonment.

Best is go for mutual divorce, pay her alimony one time.

Dana Kayoni (Expert Humanitarian and Lawyer)     18 June 2016

Originally posted by : vij
I tried to bring back my wife 10-15 times in 2 years period with the help of relatives/elders. But
She is not interested to come back and making false allegations.

I know its not right way to trnasfer the property, due to gender baised laws and long trail runs, I want to safe guard my self. It can help me to hire a good lawyer.

why should I pay who is interested in my money instead of me.

Now I lost my job also, I hope you understand my pain and help me with good suggestion in below scenario.

1. My wife did job before marriage. I dont have the experieance letter, but got some pics in facebook with their collegues. is that helpful to me to prove that she did job.

2. I lost my job but I may get in couple of months, which salary court will consider old/new job.

U think court will believe ur joota story?  What proof you have?

vij   18 June 2016

@Dana Kayoni,

This is not Joota story, I can provide my Salary account statement..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register