LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Praneeth   27 May 2016

Threatening call from a bank

Hi I am Praneeth from Hyderabad. Yesterday, I recieved a call from Chennai and introduced themselves as Banking professionals from Standard Chartered bank. They have read through my CIBIL report and asked for confirmation, wheter all my details are correct. I said CORRECT.

Then they asked a person's name, whether I know him or Not. After few minutes, I got his name since I met him 12-13 years ago. I just knew him, he was not a close one. Since he was a Software Engineer in 2003 and I was an Engineering student. We used to meet at Food centers and at shops or at cinema malls. Thats all our relationship. I told bank guys that I knew him in 2003 and later we never met.

Bank guys revealed the matter that the so called person had given my name and number as reference for his Credit card with that bank. He mentioned my profession as a BPO/Customer Care employee. But the fact was, I was a college going person and awaiting for results. I was never contaced by any bank at that time. Bank was considered my reference and approved his Credit card and he used it. Bank people told me that the so called person has a due of 5 lacs and as per the bank recovery team, the person left india and settled in USA. That information also given by Bank people only, since I never met him in last 13 years after my studies. Here I raised few questions:

1.) In the evrfication call, banks generall ask for Employer details and EMployee ID. They do not have any of such details. How did they completed the verification in 2003 and considered fake information, a student had been mentioned as a BPO employee?

2.) They called me from Chennai and provided all my personal details received from CIBIL report. But surprsing fact, agent and his manager both spoke to me in pure Telugu. 

They also threatened me that they will update my CIBIL report as a Fraud and also they threatning me that they will update my COmpany that I was involved in bank fraud. They have all my personal details and residence addresses. How come CIBIL repost is handed over to goons and ordinary employees.

Please help me, how to respond further on this. 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 May 2016

Did you record the call?

First thing First: Record the call. Ask the person to speak his name, designation, name of company that employed him and issued appointment letter and pays salary, name/designation/address of his boss, name/designation/address of Stan Chart Bank to whom he/his boss/his agency reports, name/designation/address of local BM at your location............phone number from which he has made the call (it might be web/internet generated call)....................who supplied your CIBIL report to him......................

Thereafter you have liberty to send the call recording to CIBIL, Bank,RBI,police and ask who downloaded and printed your CIBIL report, and called you, and who authorized the call.

Don't spend time with such callers and keep your focussed on your work.

1 Like

Mohammad Zabeeullah Khan   29 May 2016

Actually Mr Kumar is absolutely correct. Don't get tensed about these fake calls. These recovery teams try a lot to threaten normal people. If you are really related in this issue, they would have tried contacting you long back. Nothing to worry about. Simply delete this topic out of your mind and ignore it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register