LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pkj1 (Sr System Eng)     18 April 2016

Divorce suggestion

Respected Lawyers, I had filed for Divorce because of the problems for which me and my family were going through since the beginning of my marriage (2013). After filing the divorce my wife filed false cases of 498a, DV and some other cases on me and my family. I work in an IT firm, now my company wants me to travel to onsite for 1 year. What are the things i should consider, whether i should travel and let my Lawyer handle the case or i should be present in India until the matter is closed. As i am bit confused in this situation and worried as well. If I get an order to be present for some reason than there will be lots of problem and expenditures as well.

Learning

7 Replies

SHEKHAR   18 April 2016

Dear sir /Mam my wife charge 125 and 498a section and wrong police compliant me and my famely without stay after marriage i stay my wife seprade in rent house she try manently harrestment me and my famely i try to divorce is it write or wrong plz suggest me. and she come back or not because i never trust my wife

pkj1 (Sr System Eng)     19 April 2016

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.

NANDKUMAR B SAWANT (ADVOCATE./LAWYER)     19 April 2016

SIR,

YOU MAY KINDLY NOTE TAHT.

1. YOU HAVE FILED DIVORCE PETITION.

2. YOUR WIFE FILED 498 A AND DV CASE AND SOME OTHER CASES  AGAINST YOU.

3. YOU MAY FILE A WRIT PETITION AT HIGH COURT  FOR QUASHING THE SAID FALSE CASES AGAINST YOU AND ALSO PRAY FOR STAY OF SAME AS INTERIM RELIEF.

4. YOU MAY SEEK EXEMPTION IN SAID PENDING CASES TILL YOUR JOB GETS OVER.THE PROCEDURE OF SAID CASES MAY PROLONG FOR MORE THAN THE PERIOD MENTIONED BY YOU FOR YOUR WORK PLEASE NOTE.

GOOD LUCK.

N.B.SAWANT., M.COM.LL.B.,ADVOCATE HIGH COURT.

1 Like

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     19 April 2016

1. In her Section 498-A and also DV cases, you require to attend the court on the date of hearing. You cannot avoid it permanently but can take one or two exemptions. 2. In your divorce case, your advocate can appear and your appearance is required only when your evidence is called for.
1 Like

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     19 April 2016

@ Sekhar, you can file divorce case.  Contact a good advocate and tell him all the facts and do as advised by him.

(Guest)
In DV case personal appearance is not required. In 498a it will be required but usually long time passes before framing of charges. Go abroad, take permission from court if your bail says that you need such permission. Try to settle abroad only and find some girlfriend there. Indian laws are a piece of sh*t and the country is basically going to dogs. Don't come back as far as possible.
1 Like

pkj1 (Sr System Eng)     24 April 2016

Thanks all, for your valuable time and suggestions. Really it matters a lot to me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register