Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

How to know appeal details after divorce?

Dear Sir/Madam,Members, I have received the divorce decree. few questions:

1.Judgement order appears to be just rewritten what i mentioned in petition, and few thoughts from judge. It does not touches upon important evidences given by me like video recording..etc. is it that simple with one page summary from judge?

2.i have moved out of the current house after decree of divorce. how will i know if ex-wife is filing for appeal? will there be a notice sent to me to the same address? will it have same case number or new case number?

3.should i go to the court probably every week for 90 days to check? any other alternative option? my lawyer doesnt come to the same court, unless any work for him.

Thanks everyone!!

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     01 April 2016

1, without knowing  content it is improper to comment on judgement.

2, Even if you move out from current residence, you better inform post office about new address so that notice and summons can be re directed to the correct address, if at all she go on appeal and she cannot proceed without sending notice to you and if they succeed you can contest the same .

3, No need to visit court on regular basis, it is you have succeeded and not other party and it is their onus to go for appeal and summon you.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 April 2016

The judgment given by the judge will be based on your petition averments only. The court will consider your side arguments and the defence of the other side equally and shall pass the orders on merits on the basis of its findings. It is not necessary to mention each and every aspect that you brought before the court in the judgment.  The video recordings are not admissible hence there was no mention about it. 

For preferring appeal, it is the botheration of the aggrieved person and not the person who got a favorable judgment. 

You can inform the local post office about the change in your address and to deliver any mail to your new address. You will receive summons for the appeal filed before the appellate court.

You do not have to visit the appellate court for this.

Born Fighter (xxx)     09 April 2016

Just to add in case u r anxious to track if ur ex wife files appeal then u can check the appelate courts website .......case status .... search by name of the Party

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register