Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat Raj (Self Employed)     26 February 2016

Want to cancel the buyer agreement

Hi

I want to cancel a buyer agreement because vendor not showing us the proper documents and we came to know that the layout is also an unapproved one. I have paid almost 70% of the amount and agreement date of 90 days is also completed. The only caluse written in the agreement was " i have to pay the total consideration within 90days". Though we have informed him about the reasons why we are refusing to buy the land, seller is not ready to give the amount back.

Now i am afraid that i will loss whole my money. And he will sell the plot to some other party. What should i do to get the money i paid. 

Thanks & Regards,

Gananandan

Learning

3 Replies

Subash M R (Advocate)     26 February 2016

You can claim your money back on the basis of defective title in a competent court of law initiating recovery proceedings against the vendor after giving him legal notice of two weeks in this regard.

Thanking you,

1 Like

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     27 February 2016

Sir,

Initial step is to send him a legal notice and claim your money back, becasue most of the times legal notices does work in a positive manner.

Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate

1 Like

Bharat Raj (Self Employed)     29 February 2016

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for your valuable advise. We, both the parties have discussed and he agreed to give the amount back with in 4 months through Internet banking i.e, NEFT. He asked to submit the cancellation letter in this regarding which we have submitted in his office today (29 Feb 2016) and i have also provided my bank account details to him.

The cancellation letter submitter witnesses are my brother and an advocate. 

He also asked us to return the originals of Sale agreement and deposit receipts after he transfers the funds/amount to my bank account.

Request you to let us know your opinion on this Sir,

Regards,

Gananandan

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register