Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjiv kumar (service)     22 February 2016

Maintenance for wife working privately

Dear Sirs,

1. My wife has filed for divorce in family court on Cruelty & desertion(All False ground)which is now in witness stage and all efforts on my part for amicable settlement have failed.
  2. We have One child ,boy 18 years age. and I am providing all expensed for his boarding school/ all expenses.
  3. She is now demanding huge settlement and a house and maintenance.
  4. She is now workingas independent beutician for celebrities and film stars and seems to be earning well. She has been well employed with big reputed companies in past also.
  5. please advise as to how I can settle this mess by paying minimum money. I am due to retire in 2 years time and as I work for private company, my retiral pension will be meagre.

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 February 2016

women can file from the place where they work.next thing she can ask even the moon but you don't worry about it as court looks into variety of factors and would decide the alimony.if she has sent a notice with the help of a lawyer give a reply to it.if she is well settled gather proofs on her employment and submit it before the court
1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     22 February 2016

Get details about her income to defend her alimony and maintenance application that will be decided on the basis of financial status of both parties and reasonable requirement of your wife only. Your son is 18 years cannot claim any maintenance from you even though he still be dependent on both parents and as a good parent you maybe supporting him even now. All these aspects will be taken in consideration by the family court.
1 Like

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     22 February 2016

1. In the first place if she has filed for divorce then she cannot ask for alimony.

2. She can file such case in Hydreabad also.

1 Like

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Anil Jain
Dear Sirs,

My wife has filed for divorce in Hyderabad court in 2012 on Cruelty & desertion(All False ground)
I work in Assam and we got married in Siliguri where we spent all our married life but somehow she managed to get the case filed in Hyderabad where she was employed as a Manager in Taj Krishna Hotel(5 Star Luxery). I have never lived as husband in Hyderabad. we have One child ,boy 18 years age.
She is now demanding huge settlement(1 crore) and a house and maintenance(25000/per month)
My total salary is 75000/ per month and I spend all the child education( Expensive Boarding school class XII)
Recently she has sent a lawyer's notice to my Company asking about the details of my salary, part of which was paid in her name as an allowance to save on taxes.
She has left her Taj Hotel Job since 2013 and has started a Celebrity Make-up Artist firm of her own and seems to be doing financially well. She has been well employed in past also.
Learned councillors are requested to please help me out of this mess. I am troubled beyond words.
Thanks

Looks like full love marrage. You have given away way too much info about yourself and she is making use of all of it. 

Now you will have to pay.  Thats the truth.  Finding her details will be difficult unless you hire a private detective to know her income details.  Usually its 1/3rd of ur salary, the alimony, but looking at your hefty salary and lifestyle, she has caught a healthy fat sheep.

My take on your case would be, go for settlement, pay her one time alimony and get rid of her, your career is at stake and you are going to be doomed unless you strike  a deal with her for divorce. Forget what advices you have got above.  They only will be helpful for lawyers to earn some money through your case, nothing more.

1 crore ?  It might be too much or it might be nothing keeping in mind the time which is going to be involvedin getting out of this case alive.  You are stuck for next decade or so with alimony divorce and other cases that she may file on you.

Think, fast, act faster. 

Born Fighter (xxx)     23 February 2016

Why is your wife so pissed off with you at her age now, that she is filing for divorce and looks like she wants to make your life miserable !!! Try to reconcile if possible 

AnilJi, ur beloved wife is old and has crossed the age of marriage and she will use the court cases as her favourite time pass to harass you.  At this time if you offer her settlement option she will not budge below what she has asked for. And will fly in the air after knowing ur surrendering. 

However you should genuinely try and get rid of her asap through MCD. get your kid to play the mediator as it appears you have been taking care of ur kid well .

If not then work towards gathering eveidences to reject her maintenance claim as she is capable of earning/ has earned well and cannot claim maintenenace citing she is on her own and earning lesser & hence can't maintain herself. You need to get hold of her past bank statements / salary slips to nail her.  Aim for perjury as she will try her best to hide her earnings! Increase ur expenditures to reduce ur net income ASAP on papers. 

Better give money in name of son than your beloved wife.

Let A YEAR pass..... she will realise its not so easy to get free money from husband, unless u make her realise that she wont reduce her demands. 1 Crore ? ask her to take a walk ....

I feel sorry for you Sir, ....... one more case of legal extortion .......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register