LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajkumar   26 January 2016

How to handover stridhan

My family is having tough time as my younger brother's wife has framed us with false selctions 498a, 34, 323, 506, 406. Myself along with my wife have got anticipatory bail already but this got rejected for my parents and brother. My parents appealed to high court and they got Interim relief for next 2 months. Nobody has got arrested so far, but the police is creating pressure to get my brother arrested who is on run till now. The only reason to deny the anticipatory bail is that "the stridhan will not be recovered, if bail is granted to accused". But when we approach the IO (Investigation Officer) to handover the Stridhan he doesn't agree on it and asks for my brother's arrest only.

Does recovering the Stridhan only after arrest is usual procedure ? We want this to be done asap, because we know, once its done, the bail will be granted easily to my brother and parents easily.

Learning

4 Replies

r.sathyanarayanan   26 January 2016

Make an application to the court which granted AB with the list of items.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 January 2016

Make the offer to handing over the Stridhan in Court if IO is refusing for the same, recovery of Stridhan by the police will be shown for the charges of section 406 IPC as these items belong to the wife were being kept in your unlawful custody were being recovered by the police, but if you offer to return it these by your self in the court the charges u/s 406 IPC will become irrelavent for the prosecution.

1 Like

kumar B Kumar (service)     27 January 2016

Dost daro mat jail jaoo or dikha do ki kranti kaise late hai. Kantikari bano. Or band baja do sabki. Aapna career banaoo or paise kamaoo.

kumar B Kumar (service)     27 January 2016

Dost daro mat jail jaoo or dikha do ki kranti kaise late hai. Kantikari bano. Or band baja do sabki. Aapna career banaoo or paise kamaoo.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register