Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumaran   08 December 2015

Bsnl tower lease

Hello Experts -

Currently BSNL has erected a tower in my commercial building at Tamil Nadu, the lease expired on Apr 2014. From that time, Im pushing them to renew the agreement but they were very slow and doesnt care much, They were saying I have quoted a high rent and they were trying to buy time as much as possible,

But recently, their EB meter has some electric shortage and some smoke came out. The shopkeepers switched off the main and called me. I informed the BSNL office and EB office. The line man from EB came and rectified it temporarily and said to us (BSNL officer and me) that BSNL need to move the meter to a well ventilated location because if any shortage occurs the bulding might catch fire. BSNL were not bothered on that too., upon multiple requests they were not shifting the meter. Can I switch off the main to avoid any accidents?

Learning

7 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     08 December 2015

Certainly.. you can

1 Like

Mohana Varma (FAMILY COUNSELOR WOMEN EMPOWERMENT TRAINING TECHNICAL CONSULTANT)     09 December 2015

Switch off the mains after a notice in writing.

Kumaran   11 December 2015

Thank You for your response! Also can I not allow them to shift the electric meter until the new lease is made?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 December 2015

In the interest of safety of public as well as the neighbors residing nearby, you can very well proceed with such actions. 

1 Like

Kumaran   17 December 2015

One more question - Can we get the lease document copy made between BSNL and other parties by RTI act? I was told that BSNL is paying more rent to the tower insatlled next to my area. So I would like to know how much rent they are paying for them and then I have a point to negotiate with BSNL for my rent.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 December 2015

Since BSNL being a public sector company, you may apply for the desired information through RTI Act.  You first apply, let them give a reply, you can prefer an appeal if they reject your request.

1 Like

Kumaran   17 December 2015

Thank You Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register