Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Muralidharan MA   22 October 2015

House owner

Hello,
I live in a house for around 18 months and paid an advance of 60k for which i have a bill,I informed my house owner that i need to vacate next month there came a shock to me when he said that i should repaint the house as it was given to me,even though i informed that the house doesn't need to be painted as it's still looking good and no dirty walls so it'd be a waste of money to do so but still he demanded that it should be repainted and started yelling at me.

After which came the worst part when he informed me that my advance amount of 60k will be given only when a new tenant comes and pays for the house which i believe not at all fair.Please advise is it legal that the house should be repainted when the tenant leaves even if the condition is good.

FYI,No legal agreements was made.

Learning

6 Replies

advocatepassy@gmail.com 971794 (Advocate)     22 October 2015

No, house painting is never insisted in Indian context.  He is just trying to extract your money.  Normally reprinting is done after 3-4 years and that too is the responsibility of the owner.  Tenant can get it done if he had occupied the property for a considerable time say 5-6 years.  Lodge a report in Police station. 

1 Like

Thank you so much sir,He himself an advocate sir,i'll proceed as you advised.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     22 October 2015

YOu are not Required to repaint the house because you haven't made any such agreement with the house owner.since you have got the receipt for the advance received you can initate action against the house owner if he fails to return the same

1 Like

Ok sir thank you so much.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 October 2015

Is there any terms or condition in the rent agreement to handover the house in the same condition (including painting) at the time of vacating the house, which is generally not there?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     25 October 2015

Is there any term or condition in the rent agreement to handover the house in the same condition (including painting) at the time of vacating the house, which is generally not there?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register